Business Affairs Manager
DDB SF is the westernmost outpost of DDB’s global network. We like to think we embody the entrepreneurial, experimental and techy ethos of San Francisco, couched in the tradition and recognition that comes with the DDB name. Our clients reflect that: Energy Upgrade California, Norton and VMWare.
At DDB, we believe Creativity Is The Most Powerful Force In Business. Our job put simply is to help our clients make intuitive leaps they couldn't make alone that help them grow beyond their wildest dreams.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Advise producers on SAG/AFTRA/AFM talent requirements
- Interpretation of talent union contracts — Screen Actors Guild (SAG), American Federation of Television & Radio Artists (AFTRA), American Federation of Musicians (AFM)
- Review concepts for permissions and clearances required
- Network clearance (legal clearance handled by account team)
- Issue contracts for production, editorial and music companies
- Arrange for insurance coverage for TV commercial productions, including special insurance requirements (weather, cast/life, hazardous stunts, etc.)
- Research, clear, negotiate and issue contracts/licenses as needed for music, stock footage or other copyrighted material.
- Process session fees – submit session/cast completion report, completed contracts
- Coordinate billing, approve and process vendor invoices
- Authorize residuals payments and process invoices Talent/celebrity searches and negotiations
- Prepare special releases for miscellaneous talent or other business needs
- Advise producers on DDB procedures – compliance with Omnicom mandates, approve vendors, legal, insurance, MSAs, NDAs, completion reports, AP scripts, file completion, video finishing requirements, legal, job orders, accounting, etc. (maintain information & forms on server)
- 4+ years Business Affairs experience
- Well versed in the SAG/AFTRA Commercials contract
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to juggle several projects at once
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Positive, motivated, confident, proactive, organized
DDB is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.