DDB SF is the westernmost outpost of DDB’s global network. We like to think we embody the entrepreneurial, experimental and techy ethos of San Francisco, couched in the tradition and recognition that comes with the DDB name.
Our philosophy with our intern program, is to treat our interns like we would anyone on our creative team. You will get guidance and you will have someone watching out for you, but it’s far from a coddling experience. We throw you into the fray. We brief you on real assignments, may have you working on real new business pitches, expect real thinking and potentially even take you to make real presentations to our real clients. We don’t believe in “intern work.” There is only work.
The DDB SF internship program will run from June 3 – August 23. This will be 40 hours a week, not part-time.
In addition to client work our interns participate in a series workshop sessions; getting a 360-degree understanding of the agency. You will also work on a group brief with your fellow interns to present to the agency at the end of the summer.
Strategy Intern responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Utilize marketing principles to design strategic recommendations for both current and potential clients.
- Conduct basic desktop research and analysis to understand the audience, the marketplace and the brand, uncovering unique findings and insights.
- Assist in brainstorm sessions and the ideation process to develop innovative solutions and creative marketing campaign strategies.
- Help with internal and external meetings or workshops.
- Support administrative duties of the strategy team, including scheduling meetings, taking meeting minutes, managing workflows and updating status reports.
These responsibilities vary from client team to team, depending upon the nature of the account
You’re a great fit for this position if you have:
- A demonstrated interest in brand strategy either via declared major, extracurricular activities or previous job experience
- Clear, concise writing and presentation skills
- Experience developing thoughtful, engaging customer experiences through writing, design, web/app development, social media, or other creative methods
- A familiarity with a variety of tools, techniques and processes to gather and present information (PowerPoint, Keynote, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret information from a variety of sources, such as trade journals, research reports, white papers and cross-tabulated survey data
- Familiar with basic social listening platforms
- Ability to produce well-written research reports, presentations and results to clients and agency.
- Digital native and active participant in social channels
- Appreciation for award-winning creative work
- Ability to define problems, collect information, establish facts and draw valid conclusions based upon information furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint and/or Keynote
- Customer-facing/presentation experience, familiarity with social analytics or google analytics is preferred
Key Characteristics/Desired Competencies:
- Unafraid to tackle any challenge
- Has a pretty good idea of what Planning's function is within an agency
- Strong analytical skills
- Enjoys solving problems
- Eager, outgoing, personable
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills
- Strong communicator
DDB is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.