If you have the experience below, we’d love to hear from you!
- Hands on design and concepting experience
- Proven design excellence and a problem solver
- Strong ability to communicate creative concepts
- Enjoys working in a collaborative work environment
- Consult with clients to establish the overall look, graphic elements and content of communications materials in order to meet their needs
- Determine the medium best suited to produce the desired visual effect and the most appropriate vehicle for communication
- Develop the graphic and overall creative elements that meet the clients' objectives
- Prepare sketches, layouts and graphic elements of the subjects to be rendered using traditional tools, multimedia software and image processing, layout and design software
- Estimate cost of materials and time to complete art direction/design
- Use existing photo and illustration banks and typography guides to produce images that meet clients' communications needs
- Establish guidelines for illustrators or photographers
- Co-ordinate all aspects of production for print, audio-visual or digital materials
- Work in a multidisciplinary environment
- The expectation is that the role of Art Director /Designer requires the highest level of design attention and constantly striving to produce the best possible work for clients, from both a design and conceptual point of view.
- The successful candidate will thrive in a fast paced business environment and must have a strong understanding of strategic marketing objectives.
- Confident in InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Experience with Sketch and InVision is a plus.
- The successful candidate will be conceptual, a strong designer and is able to tackle a brief from several angles.
- They should be able to show how an idea can work across various mediums.
- They will love that no day is the same, and enjoy generating, executing and producing great ideas in a professional, friendly, and creative team environment.
- The ideal candidate will have been part of award-winning work, have 2-3 years industry experience, such as experience in advertising and marketing and feel comfortable working on, a wide variety of brands and category sectors,
- Post-secondary degree or diploma with a graphic arts component
- Creative ability and artistic talent, as demonstrated by a portfolio of work
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter, portfolio, and resume. Thanks to all applicants for their interest, but only those under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.