As an integral part of the HR team, the Payroll Associate is responsible for the timely processing and generation of payroll processes and accounting-related tasks, acting as point of contact for payroll and tax questions and ensuring compliance with internal policies and applicable State and Federal wage and hour laws. The Payroll Associate will manage all of Unlimited’s semi-monthly payroll processing and reporting duties, acting as centralized management for payroll and related tasks including: accurate processing of Payroll Action forms (PAN’s), routing PAN’s via internal finance/HR approvals, tracking & monitoring completion reports (eg. Project Triangle), submitting freelance payment registers, oversight for freelance timesheet deadlines, processing of corporate payroll documents in accordance with payroll calendars/cut-offs for all onboarding and offboarding of permanent and temporary staff. Demonstrating a high proficiency with payroll and timekeeping tools including ADP, REACH, AX, Excel, and the Microsoft Suite of tools is a plus.
Specific Responsibilities & Expectations
Payroll Administration & Compliance
- Prepares and processes all necessary semi-monthly payroll transactions in accordance with corporate protocols and cut-off dates.
- Works as a part of the HR and Talent team to ensure the smooth execution and activation of employee self-serve system access through corporate payroll and onboarding procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable State and Federal hour and wage laws.
- Liaises with corporate Payroll & Benefits teams to maintain current understanding of practices, policies and forthcoming changes, attending necessary calls and meetings.
- Maintains current Payroll/Time & Attendance/Vacation systems to achieve alignment with HR, Benefits and other related departments and to ensure effective accounting support.
- Facilitates a clear understanding of payroll procedures at all levels of the agency, availing themselves to employee and management as a resource.
- Compiles and accurately balances payroll data, such as: PTO time, withholdings, supplemental payments, etc.
- Works with finance to track and manage time sheet compliance with remote and on-site freelancers, using an automated system (AX) to review the information for completeness and accuracy. Communicates and resolves with HR/finance any payroll discrepancies.
- Manages the processing of all payroll actions (PANs) through the corporate payroll team and into the payroll system including: change of status, terminations, new hires, timesheet approvers, expense approvers, etc.
- Acts as a point of contact (POC) for troubleshooting payroll and systems access issues for freelancers and contractors.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
The ideal candidate should…
- Be a team player, be highly organized and have an excellent attention to detail
- Be able to maintain confidentiality and adhere to strict deadlines
- Be comfortable with a variety of technology and willing to learn new systems
- Have a keen eye for details and getting it right the first time
- Want to join an innovative and creative environment that is forming standards and process
- Be an agent of change, willing to be agile and adaptable
The ideal candidate possesses the following skills & experiences….
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, finance, or related field and/or equivalent experience
- Previous payroll experience, preferably in a professional services, advertising, marketing or related field
- High proficiency in Excel and the entire MS Office Suite
- Previous experiences working with HR and Payroll systems including: ADP, Reach, AX.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able and interested in learning new software
we are unlimited is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.