Copywriters work in creative partnership with an art director to conceive, develop and produce effective advertising.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Meeting the account management and strategy teams to discuss client requirements and product background.
- Brainstorming ideas and concepts.
- Working in a close-knit creative partnership with the art director to generate workable concepts and ideas.
- Writing clear, persuasive, original copy.
- Submitting ideas and discussing progress with the creative director before making presentations to clients.
- Amending, revising or redeveloping campaigns in response to feedback from the creative director or clients.
- Working on several campaigns at once, under pressure and on tight deadlines.
- Proofreading copy to check spelling and grammar.
- Overseeing campaigns through the production stage to completion.
- Keeping up to date with popular culture and trends.
- Write 'copy', i.e. coming up with original catchphrases, slogans, messages and straplines.
- Write all the wording in any type of advertising, such as but not limited to:
If the following describes you, we'd love to hear from you:
- Have a keen enthusiasm for and demonstrable understanding of social trends and technologies.
- Have exceptional writing skills, including the ability to write in a range of voices and styles for varied projects with diverse audiences.
- Are able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively juggle diverse writing demands.
- Demonstrated and extraordinary communication skills and meticulous eye for detail.
- You are restless, curious and passionate.
- You bring positive energy to everything you create and everyone you meet.
- You are always exploring, inventing and creating.
- You have a genuine belief in respect and tolerance.
DDB is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.