Freelance Account Director
- Business and Category Acumen: Leads the account management team in creating innovative marketing solutions in a clear and smart manner. Can lead
developmentof strategyto address the problem we are solving.
- Developing People: Establishes the work ethic expectation.
Challenges,inspires and hold teamaccountable for great work. Understands and manages fortheir strengths and weaknesses. Develops growth plans, monitors progress and provides timely feedback. Actively participates and coach’s individuals with clarity and momentum.
- Inspiration and Direction: Acts as the energizer that sparks team motivation toward success. Recognizes the dynamics of a highly charged, creatively driven advertising agency. Knows how to smooth out frayed edges while respecting emotions. Fosters a positive work environment with maturity and good judgment.
- Idea Catalyst: Guides the team on areas to be explored. Knows when we are on to something and can galvanize the group around it. Helps pre-sell and pave the way by refining ideas into a more formalized POV to be shared internally or externally.
- Creative Advocacy: Takes a leadership role in creating an environment and atmosphere that encourages the pursuit of big ideas. Can diplomatically push creative envelope while keeping a knowing eye on where the boundaries lay. Guides the development of a sell-in strategy in partnership with Strategy and Creative teams,
pre- conditionsthe client, and protects the big idea once sold.
- Critical Thinking, Both Intuitive and Analytical: Is comfortable with data—can dig and tell a story in several ways. Asks the right probing questions.
- Persuasion Skills: Can confidently present CMO level deck—able to think on his/her feet, redirect when necessary and answer questions confidently. can command a room. Can comfortably go off script. Can persuade through a combination of thoughtful logic and emotion.
- Operational Excellence: Looks ahead. Plans ahead. Stays ahead. Pulls together the right people to solve the problem. Brings smart thinking to the client while operating for agency growth and profitability.
Characteristics and Qualifications:
- Requires at least 7-10 years’ experience in marketing or communications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
Strongfirst line of defense, advocating for the agency team always
- Fosters effective teamwork and strong relationships
- Has solid production experience
- Strong problem-solving skills, initiative, and consistently adds value
- Great creative instincts and passion for helping develop, fight for and sell
award winningcreative work
- Commands and fosters an environment of respect and trust
- Adaptable and flexible as well as a persuasive thinker and communicator