DDB Remedy is an award-winning creative healthcare communications agency
We believe our role is to change hearts, minds and behaviours so everyone can live a better life. And we live those values not just in the work we do for our clients but in the ethos we espouse within the agency. Of course, we work hard too. We want to do ‘great stuff’ – to achieve our clients’ objectives, to win awards, to build our reputation and push our business onwards and upwards. We truly value everyone who works with us in this.
DDB Remedy planners
The basic requirement is a combination of strategic acumen and creative inspiration. But we aren’t management consultants, we’re a creative agency. So it’s not just about being boringly right. It’s about being interesting. Planners here need to be able to inspire creative people to do the best work of their lives. Partly this is breadth. Planners are critical in broadening the kind of creativity we offer. Planners need to be comfortable and confident with a wide range of communications beyond traditional advertising. Partly this is being future-facing. An informed enthusiasm for the possibilities opened up by technology. An ability to lead clients confidently into new ways of doing marketing. And as importantly, an ability to separate the hype from the real value – and to appreciate the continued value of the traditional alongside the new.
The original DDB mantra is ‘talented but nice’. That’s still important. The day-to-day culture at DDBR is fast and focused on the creative output. Everyone gets their sleeves rolled up. You need to be quick-minded, a confident self-starter, who can spot opportunities to contribute and surprise colleagues.
- Use and create opportunities to deepen understanding of brand and communication planning steps
- Produce and interrogate data from multiple sources and build a coherent argument to support the client business strategy
- Support the Agency team in writing creative briefs and briefing
- Have an informed enthusiasm for the possibilities opened up by technology
- Increase exposure to clients, contribute to client discussions and present when appropriate
- Develop your professional conduct and ‘planning style’
- Ensure you are receiving core training and develop a view on your career progression
01 Creative thinker and inspires new ways of doing things
02 Ability to manage pressure and deadlines
03 Team player
04 Ability to quickly find and synthesise key insights
05 Confident communicator and ability to lead meetings
06 Champions digital strategies
Support delivery of strategic guidance
- Contribute to brand strategy, know how to use supporting data, insights and learnings in writing strategy
- Know key information sources, which ones are available and what is most relevant to your project/account
- Take ownership for analysing and summarising research – and identifying insights
- Partner with the Planning Director to write and deliver focused and inspiring briefs
- Build and maintain the trust of creatives
- Develop sound judgement of creative
- Review creative in-line with brief to maintain strategy throughout the project
- Write stimulating and creative presentations that engage colleagues and clients
- Support the planning and facilitation of workshops
- Practise presenting to clients and in internal meetings
- Keep abreast of developments in the digital space with a view to providing new and innovative ideas to the team and clients
- Consider ways of sharing consumer/industry insights in an ongoing way – a panel, quarterly interviews and range of relevant RSS feeds
Builds relationships internally and externally
- Take responsibility for checking in with teams, ensuring they are clear and inspired, ‘feeding’ them with additional input and starters as needed
- Understands the importance of, and forges strong relationships among, key internal departments and counterparts including our partner agencies in the building (a&eDDB, Tribal Worldwide, Gutenberg…)
Understands our Work, our Network and our Clients
- Demonstrate a passion for healthcare, wellness and beauty and our competitive landscape
- Demonstrate innovation and creativity beyond client ideas in brainstorm sessions/when developing campaigns/programmes
- Start to learn the importance of linking activity with performance
- Work with your Planning Director to identify award stories and write it as clearly as possible
- Start to experience managing processes – research projects, agency teams
- Supports the wider team on prospecting pitches
- Acts as an advocate and supporter of DDB Remedy in all interactions with the client or external suppliers
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate or equivalent
- Relevant agency experience
- Can demonstrate an interest and understanding of the health, wellness and beauty sectors
- Aptitude in all the planning ‘core’ areas, even if developing: such as quantitative/qualitative research
What happens now?
If you are interested in this rewarding challenge, supported by a competitive salary and benefits package, send your CV with a note to on why this role might be for you.
Due to the volume of applications received, only successful applicants will be responded to and we can only accept CVs from applicants with the right to work in the UK.
Diversity and inclusion is at the heart of everything we do at DDB Remedy. It’s the freedom to be and it flows through our work, our people and us as individuals. Everyone has the right to be treated equally and with respect. If you need any adjustments to complete your application or attend an interview please let us know.