The Senior Analyst works closely with account management, media, strategic planning and creative teams to plan, execute and evaluate a broad range of strategic marketing initiatives and programs. This role is may also liaise with client relationships (Customer/Business Intelligence teams) requiring appropriate client management experience & skills.
The Senior Analyst is a hands-on role that will work to build the overall analytics practice for the agency while also selling and delivering work tox clients.
Essential Skills & Functions:
- Expert knowledge of marketing/advertising/research principles and thought leadership (read: be a geek) regarding new marketing analytics methodologies, techniques, tools & technology, and the big players disrupting the space
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong knowledge of enterprise analytics/data mining/exploration tools, including off-the-shelf tools for web, media, customer, social listening, search, syndicated data, and survey/research
- Demonstrated expertise utilizing research and external data sources including media, social, web site analysis, audience targeting tools and vendors, including both quantitative tracking and research methodologies (Google/DCM, Google Analytics, Adobe, comScore, Kantar, etc.)
- Aptitude to quickly onboard with proprietary DDB/Omnicom-owned tools
- Expert skills in spreadsheet functions such as pivots, advanced formulas/macros, multi-spreadsheet links (Excel, Google Sheets, etc.)
- Expert knowledge and applied experience in all significant online/digital channels
- Experience with data correlation/regression analysis to drive marketing science
- Lead the building of econometric models to demonstrate marketing effectiveness (i.e., if we target people who do X, we can demonstrate lift Y)
- Willingness to be hands-on in working with clients and delivering assignments that may not be repeatable and ad-hoc
- Expert knowledge of analytics techniques such as time series data analysis, segmentation, univariate & multivariate statistical analysis and performance marketing, data modeling, metric and key performance indicator development and refinement, research & test design, significance testing, variance and growth calculations, forecasting, return on investment
- Oversee development of measurement plans including proper selection of methodologies, techniques, KPIs and metrics
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 5 years of experience in strategic marketing analytics
- Minimum 5 years of experience with digital marketing analytics
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and collaborative working environment
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Proactive, outgoing and can work collaboratively with cross-capability team members
- Comfortable with occasional ambiguity but a driver of rigor to refine ongoing processes
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) or equivalent in Statistics, Finance, Mathematics, Accounting, Computer Science, Decision Science, Economics, Information Management Studies, Integrated Marketing Communications, Bio-statistics, Bio-informatics, Psychology, Sociology.
- Marketing or Business coursework is required
- Coursework in Statistics, Calculus, or Advanced Math is desired.
- Masters or MBA a preferred.
- Experience pitching and winning new business is preferred
- SQL experience is preferred