DDB SF is the westernmost outpost of DDB’s global network. We like to think we embody the entrepreneurial, experimental and techy ethos of San Francisco, couched in the tradition and recognition that comes with the DDB name. Our clients reflect that: Energy Upgrade California, Norton, HiRoad and iShares.
At DDB, we believe Creativity Is The Most Powerful Force In Business. Our job put simply is to help our clients make intuitive leaps they couldn't make alone that help them grow beyond their wildest dreams.
The Sr. Copywriter, typically work with a Sr. Art Director partner. The Sr. Copywriter/Sr. Art Director team is responsible for executing the creative and marketing strategy for all projects. Sr. Copywriters produces bold, strategic, persuasive messages across all verticals for Agency Clients.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Brainstorming ideas and concepts
- Working in a close-knit creative partnership with the art director to generate workable concepts and ideas
- Writing clear, persuasive, original copy
- Submitting ideas and discussing progress with Creative Director before making presentations to clients
- Amending, revising or redeveloping campaigns in response to feedback from the Creative Director or clients
- Working on several campaigns at once, under pressure and on tight deadlines
- Proofreading copy to check spelling and grammar
- Overseeing campaigns through the production stage to completion
- Keeping up to date with popular culture and trends
- Write 'copy', i.e. coming up with original catchphrases, slogans, messages etc
- Works daily with the Project Manager/Resource Manager or Account Team to ensure all deliverables and deadlines are met within budget
- Assists in developing presentation materials for business development projects
- Assists CD in presenting work to client
- Collaborates with other creative staff to share learning and experience and to establish initiatives that will improve DDB's creative product
- Contributes to overall office morale, spirit, character and work quality
Organizational Relationships and Contacts
- Reports to CD/GCD
- Partners with Sr. Art Director
- Directs the work of external creative vendors
- Collaborates with mainline agency counterparts
- A keen enthusiasm for and demonstrable understanding of social trends and technologies
- Exceptional writing skills, including the ability to write in a range of voices and styles for varied projects with diverse audiences
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively juggle diverse writing demands
- Demonstrate extraordinary communication skills and meticulous eye for detail. Evidence of participation in any extracurricular activities that enable the candidate to develop writing skills
- Restless, curious and passionate
- Brings positive energy to everything you create and everyone you meet
- Always exploring, inventing and creating
DDB is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.