Front End Developer (Contract)
WHO WE ARE
DDB is a worldwide collection of talent, cultures and ideas united by the power of creativity. We are passionate about our craft and pursue excellence in all that we do. Last, but not least, (we think), we are fun to be with.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Tribal DDB Vancouver is seeking a skilled Front End Web Developer. This position will involve working on a large number of projects for both big-name companies and smaller, fast-growing clients. On the coding side, you’ll be working with a modern toolbox that includes automated build processes and provisioned virtual environments.
WHAT YOU HAVE
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong understanding of CSS methodologies (e.g. BEM, SMACSS, ACSS).
- Understanding of Linux-based environments and command line build tools
- Experience with templating frameworks (e.g. twig, blade, handlebars)
- Experience with CSS3 and CSS3 preprocessors (e.g. Sass, Less, Stylus).
- Strong understanding of website optimization techniques and guidelines for fast page load times.
- Strong understanding of website accessibility beyond basic Aria implementation (strive for WCAG AA compliance)
- Comfortable navigating and running simple commands in a command line interface.
- Demonstrable experience working with HTML5 Canvas and/or WebGL.
- Strong understanding of CSS3 and JS based animations and transitions.
- Expert knowledge of Responsive Design principles and Cross-browser compatibility (including degradation for legacy browsers).
Experience with version control, particularly Git.
- Superb written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with PHP or other server side technologies.
- Experience with PHP frameworks (Laravel and Yii).
- Experience developing single page websites utilizing front-end routing, client-side templating and consuming JSON-based RESTful APIs.
- Experience integrating analytics using Google Tag Manager.
WHAT WE OFFER
DDB Canada offers a competitive compensation, great clients, fun office environment, an exceptional team of professionals to work with, and yes, even Hot Dog Days.
If this is you, please apply and send your cover letter & resume.
We thank all applicants in for their interest and advise that only those under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.