Senior Back End Developer (Contract)
WHO WE ARE
DDB is a worldwide collection of talent, cultures and ideas united by the power of creativity. We are passionate about our craft and pursue excellence in all that we do. Last, but not least, (we think), we are fun to be with.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Tribal DDB Vancouver is currently seeking an experienced Back End Developer to join our award winning digital agency. The successful candidate will report to the National Technology Director and will collaborate with Senior Developers on the team to provide technical leadership and technical project management. The position will involve working on a large number of projects for both big-name clients and smaller, fast-growing clients. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and enjoy working closely with internal and external stakeholders.
On the coding side, the Back End Developer will be working with PHP via open source CMS tools including Drupal, Craft CMS, WordPress and custom framework based applications written on Laravel.
WHAT YOU HAVE
The ideal candidate will have:
- Advanced experience with modern PHP development (Laravel, Composer, PSR-x, Symfony components) and major open source PHP projects including Drupal and WordPress
- Experience working with APIs from vendors or third-parties (Facebook, Twitter, Google Maps,YouTube).
- Proficient in handling the most complex of technical development concepts, latest software tools and technologies, understanding of algorithms, data structures and design.
- Excellent knowledge of Object Oriented Design principles and MVC architecture
- Knowledge of project management and bug tracking tools.
- Expert level experience with various hosting platforms (AWS, Linode, Rackspace) and network operations.
- Experience with version control (particularly Git), testing and continuous integration
- Linux knowledge, preferably Debian/Ubuntu – Apache, cron ssh, etc.
- Provides technologically viable and innovative solutions for execution of creative concepts.
- Superb written and oral communication skills including experience with code commentary and ticket updates as well as the ability to communicate directly with clients.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in technology to deliver continuous improvements in our technical capabilities.
- Deliver high quality IT services both internally and externally.
- Contribute to the overall technical development process and ensure the appropriate interfaces between the various teams involved exist.
- Evaluate current IT infrastructure, identify technologies and initiate projects designed to improve security, scalability and reliability of the web related products.
- Develop both the people and processes within the technical team to react to the challenges and to the changing nature of the business.
- Knowledge of Mobile web and HTML5, APIs including Cavas/Web GL
- Experience with Less, Sass, CoffeeScript, Grunt, Gulp and templating engines
- Any additional programming experience including .Net, Java, Python, Node.js
- Experience with Backbone.js, Angular.js or Ember.js
WHAT WE OFFER
DDB Canada offers a competitive compensation, great clients, fun office environment, an exceptional team of professionals to work with, and yes, even Hot Dog Days.
If this is you, please apply and send your cover letter & resume.
We thank all applicants in for their interest and advise that only those under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please