Responsible for the management and support of applications utilized within North America offices including the Datacenters and AWS. Manage and maintain server and application monitoring, and provide support to devices as needed. Design and deploy new software solutions to meet the needs of the organization. Take ownership of tickets for support and follow through to resolution.
- Support of common enterprise applications
- Ability to learn and support large enterprise environments.
- Ability to support common network technologies (File services, AD, DNS, DHCP, AntiVirus, Print Services, SMTP)
- Participates in all phases of systems engineering, including design, analysis, and modeling at a highly technical level; analyze application and system requirements to provide integration and implementation support.
- Oversee and implement storage system upgrade and optimization strategies, manage the frequency of appropriate support package/patch application and coordinates activities with other technical personnel as appropriate.
- Provides guidance in Backup and Disaster Recovery infrastructure planning, building, and testing.
- Develops and optimizes an efficient strategy for virtual and physical Windows/Linux servers and VMware vCenter tools.
- Develop, maintain, and manage standard operating procedures and configurations
- Management of Active directory objects
- Support of corporate applications (Financial, RDS, Citrix, etc)
- Support of server systems running both Windows and Linux OS
- Manage deployment of patches using patch management solution
- Syslog Management
- Review daily backup logs for errors. Troubleshoot failures if necessary.
- Take ownership of tickets for support and follow through to resolution.
Formal Education & Certification
- College degree in the field of computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related field
- 3+ years related work experience.
- Microsoft Certified (MCP, MCITP, MCSA, MCSE)
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Extensive knowledge in the following areas
- Windows Servers, IIS, DNS, DHCP, AD, SMTP, SQL, and Exchange
- Lamp environments
- Developer experience with PHP
- Knowledge of CDS and cloud hosted environments
- Working knowledge of Apple and Windows operating systems.
- Working knowledge of SAN/NAS, Azure, Nasuni
- Working Knowledge of network and server monitoring tools
- Extensive practical knowledge in importing data for use in project management software, spreadsheets, graphs, flow charts and diagraming applications.
- Good knowledge of network infrastructure
- Proven experience in the operation and analysis of database hardware, software, and standards, as well as data retrieval methodologies.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Up-to-date knowledge of back office applications
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Logical and efficient.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.