We are looking for a Technical Architect with a significant background in Java development. You will work closely with Architects, Technical Leads and Delivery Managers to migrate existing platforms and develop new scalable, maintainable architecture.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Create up-to-date modern solution designs; with a primary focus on performance and reliability
- Responsible for the scalability of a solution; thus, keenly concerned about the factors that impact scaling
- Shared responsibility with Business Analyst for an application’s requirements, especially non-functional requirements
- Produces high-level application design and estimations, and approves low-level technical design that a Technical Lead delivers
- Works closely with the development teams and Technical Leads to ensure that the requirements and solution architecture is fully understood.
- Able to work autonomously and in a team
- Capable of concisely communicating application design to technical and non-technical parties, both in documentation and verbally
- Comfortable with all sorts of data structures, relational and no-SQL
- Understanding of containerization and virtualization
- Understanding Unix based systems and micro services
- Plenty of experience with web services, especially RESTful web services
- Experience working in Agile and Waterfall development processes and using tools similar to the Atlassian Suite
- Define high level solution designs in documents using diagrams such as conceptual, logical and physical architecture
- Comfortable leading technical discussions with third party suppliers and partners
- Familiarity working within a Technical Authority Board structure – both presenting own work and reviewing colleagues’ work
- Experience of doing reliable t-shirt sizing / ball park estimation
- Experience of defining and updating solutions that fit client budget and time constraints
- Experience of assisting PMs with priorities based on complexity and technology strategy
- Minimum of 3 years experience as an architect
- Minimum 4 years development experience; ideally this will be with Java frameworks and technologies such as Spring, Hibernate, Maven
- Ideally has experience with Java-based CMS
- Agency experience is preferable
- Competitive Salary.
- 25 days holiday per year.
- Pension scheme, Life Assurance, Permanent Health Insurance.
- Progressive training and development initiatives.
- Gym discounts, hobby fund, and lots more benefits to help you achieve a work-life balance.
Tribal is a Total Experience agency. Thinking beyond the established customer experience, we work with brands to consider the total experience – online, offline and internal engagement and processes – and create products, services and comms that people love.
Made up of six practices - Customer Experience, Creative and Social, Tech Engineering, Business Consulting, Data Science and Innovation - they can stand apart or snap together to help our clients create hard-working and loved digital experiences. Exploring the intersection between brands, technology and real life, we develop ideas that connect with culture and uncover compelling ways that technology can add value to real people’s lives while delivering returns to our clients.
At Tribal, our 20-year creative heritage stretches all the way back to the pioneers of modern advertising and connects us to one of the world’s largest creative networks. Since the day we opened our doors, we were shaped by a culture of constant progress. We are a digital agency that always stays one step ahead of where the traditional meets the contemporary.
Find out more at: www.tribalworldwide.co.uk
Follow us at: www.linkedin.com/company/tribal-worldwide-london
An inclusive culture is at the heart of Tribal Worldwide London
We are a global Tribe and we believe diversity inspires creativity and change.
We welcome and respect diverse perspectives and are stronger for them.
We employ the best minds in our business and strive to ensure our environment is supportive and inclusive for all.
N.B This job description will not form part of the contract of employment unless specified otherwise.
Successful applicants will also be asked to confirm their eligibility to work in the UK and provide documentary evidence to support such status.