DDB SF is the westernmost outpost of DDB’s global network. We like to think we embody the entrepreneurial, experimental and techy ethos of San Francisco, couched in the tradition and recognition that comes with the DDB name.
At DDB, we believe Creativity Is The Most Powerful Force In Business. Our job put simply is to help our clients make intuitive leaps they couldn’t make alone that help them grow beyond their wildest dreams.
Core attributes of an Account Executive are: Contributor, Solution-Oriented and Idea-Oriented.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Adept at identifying potential problems and developing recommended solutions to review with their Account Supervisor/Group Account Director.
· Adds value to the creative process by providing ideas and support and helping to overcome possible obstacles.
· Participates in the assessment of creative from a strategic perspective; offering relevant, insightful feedback and developing the case to sell the work.
· Takes initiative with clients, proactively offering thinking and ideas.
· Doesn’t just identify problems, but actively seeks process solutions and brings these forth to their manager.
· Responsible for the timely and accurate issuance of all status and budget reports to the client and agency team members. Ensures budgets and timelines are met and alerts team of potential issues.
· Excellent time and project management skills.
· Demonstrates detailed knowledge of their client’s business.
· Co-Owns, with Strategic Planner, the consumer (and the facts and context surrounding them), the product facts, the legal liability (what we can/can’t say in communication); and the competitive landscape.
· Understands the role of strategy holistically; can take consumer insights and relevant brand data and use them to develop cogent strategic options for the team to consider.
· Understands how each assignment fits into the brand scope, why an idea is right, and the context surrounding that idea (the source of volume, the frame of reference, etc.).
· Has thorough knowledge and understanding of agency processes and the time required to complete each stage. Can formulate the implication of changes to budget and delivery timelines.
· Demonstrates fiscal responsibility. Establishes brand non-working budget forecasts and manages client estimates and billing.
· Displays a superior understanding of the needs of each department (agency and client side when necessary) that will be involved in the execution of client projects. Provides key, relevant information to these departments in a timely manner.
· Has a working knowledge of all DDB tools and the credentials and processes of partner companies.
· Effectively fields questions from various departments pertaining to a brand/project, by demonstrating an understanding of client objectives, issues and requirements.
· Forges strong relationships among key partner agencies to facilitate the smooth progress of client projects.
· Builds client confidence by demonstrating an ability to creatively manage and deliver a quality product, on time, on strategy and on budget.
· Keeps managers and entire team informed of key developments on the business.
· Maintains constant contact with client counterpart to update them on the status of projects.
· Demonstrates strong presentation skills, both in preparing materials required and in delivery. Excellent written skills.
· Is the ultimate project manager; knows how to get it done. Is the go-to person for the execution of all advertising plans.
· Where possible, makes problems go away through proactive management.
· Takes initiative to make appropriate decisions and uses good judgment when doing so.
· Exhibits integrity, professionalism, dependability and mature thinking.
· Practices agency belief system and lives the DDB values.
· 3+ years of professional experience in Marketing/Advertising.
· Digital native, who is comfortable building integrated campaigns.
· Strong facilitation/presentation skills, both in preparing materials required and in delivery. Excellent written skills.
· Solution-oriented, assertive and resilient.
· Readiness for personal responsibility.
· Strong project management skills.