Account Director (Health and Wellness)
At DDB, we believe creativity is the most powerful force in business. We strive to maintain a culture that is wildly creative and as human as the work that we do.
By bringing together diverse thinkers with different backgrounds and perspectives, we validate Bill Bernbach's notion that an idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.
We seek out people who challenge themselves, have a relentless curiosity and overcome anything thrown their way.
Think you can shape a new generation of work? Give us a shout.
We are currently seeking an Account Director to join our Health and Wellness team. At DDB, our Account Directors are solution-oriented, always thinking about their business, anticipating issues, and implementing their vision to produce superior results. They lead, facilitate and look for opportunities to expand into other disciplines.
- Has deep understanding of the principles of marketing and available agency resources. Knows how to apply them to further specific business objectives for both the agency and client.
- Thinks well beyond execution and the current campaign to help contribute to the clients’ growth strategy
- Develops innovative and provocative strategies to solve their client’s marketing and communication needs, both in the short and long term.
- Thinks creatively and inspires creativity in their clients and agency team.
- Nurtures and protects the integrity of the creative idea; takes the creative to new places. Is a true partner to his/her Creative & Strategy Directors.
- Looks for and develops customized integrated opportunities for their client’s business(s). Knows when and how to bring in new resources in areas beyond advertising to open new revenue streams.
- Adept at resource management, making sure people on their team are fully utilized, yet not over-extended.
- Contributes to new business pitches, as needed.
- Builds their strategic thinking abilities by keeping current on industry trends and issues affecting their client’s business. Expands their own perspective and knowledge by collaborating and sharing with other Account Directors.
- Synthesizes consumer insights, brand knowledge and marketing know-how to effectively defend and persuade their clients to embrace a strong strategic idea and keep it sold.
- Understands DDB as a company and its philosophy; brings the DDB values to life.
- Manages up & down effectively
- Regularly liaises with senior agency management to ensure constant and timely communication of client issues, concerns or requests; and to keep informed of agency resources and/or profitability issues which may impact client/Agency P&L.
- Excellent facilitation, presentation and writing skills. · Solution-oriented, assertive and resilient.
- Can think on his/her feet and generate an idea or POV “in the moment.”
- Demonstrates confidence in and can articulate their own POV, as well as the agency POV
- Initiates and implements big-picture thinking, guiding the agency team to produce superior results.
- Coaches employees and assists them with their career development
- 7-10 of professional experience in Advertising.
- Background in healthcare, pharma, health and wellness space
- Facilitation, presentation and writing skills
- Solution-oriented, assertive and resilient.
- Readiness for personal responsibility.
- Has and entrepreneurial thinking credibility to “go against the grain” when necessary and challenge the current thinking.
DDB NY is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. DDB NY does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.