We are one of North America’s leading Health and Lifestyle agencies, and our goal here at Anderson DDB is to treat each brand’s success as its own. So whether the product brought to us is consumer or health-related, whether the audience is the general public or medical professionals, we’ll do the research, examine the market -- learn everything we need to know to raise awareness among target audiences.
Reporting to the EVP, Director of Strategic Planning, an Account Director is solution-oriented, always thinking about their business, anticipating issues, and can integrate ideas & solutions and creative strategies while ensuring the effective implementation of each to produce superior results.
- The quality and thoroughness of the agency’s work for the individual client at a macro level, from the planning and development of advertising to recommendation of communication programs which will achieve the client’s marketing goal. This requires an understanding of how to inspire and manage the creative department, as well as the ability to recognize great advertising ideas.
- Managing team members who report directly into the Director, and whose overall performance and career progression the Account Director is responsible for.
- To maximize opportunities to add value to client’s business by offering new and innovative communication ideas.
- Achievement of profit objectives for the individual client consistent with profit plans for the office and company and driving the business to look for new revenue/service opportunities (organic growth).
- Facilitates the management of integrated resources (including external partners) on Client’s behalf.
- Ensures that Client expectations and desired results are achieved.
- Make major strategic and creative presentations to the client.
- Building and maintaining a sense of commitment, enthusiasm and responsibility among members of both the account group and other agency departments.
- Tactical plan creation/presentation
- Actively seek non-traditional solutions to marketing problems
- Implementation of Marketing Tools in the strategic/conceptual work processes
- Integral to the marketing plan development process:
- Communicate key Client issues/initiatives to team
- Oversee creation of situation analysis/competitive overview
- Generate key issues/objectives/strategies
- Manage tactical brainstorming
- Supervise development of tactics/budget/timing
- Manage internal approval process
- Present final product to Client
- Develop/maximize Client relationships
- Conveys the Client’s challenges and perspective to the entire Agency team
- Responsible for actively motivating training and helping other account team members achieve peak performance; anticipate/address performance issues quickly and directly
- Involved in new business pitches as needed
- Responsible for keeping senior management briefed on account activities
- Embody service-oriented attitude and uphold quality standards in servicing the Client
- Foster Client understanding of the agency’s needs and perspective
- Establish credibility with Clients at all levels
- Maintain regular Client contact at all levels and become integral part of Client team, ensuring that the Client is updated and briefed on all relevant account activity
- Responsible for Managing Clients’ Budgets and Agency Revenue flow
- Champion of the Agency both internally and with all Clients
- Knowledgeable in both offline and online
- Other duties as required
Qualities & Qualifications
- University Degree
- Excellent English skills both written and oral communications
- Leadership Skills
- Communication and Presentation Skills
- Readiness for personal responsibility
- Entrepreneurial Thinking
- Well-developed knowledge of business practices
- In depth knowledge of relevant industry standards
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We are also an inclusive employer and offer reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know when you submit your application.
We appreciate all expressed interest in this position, however, only the candidates selected for interview will be contacted.