DDB Canada is looking for an experienced strategist to join our growing strategy team – a blended group of digital, CRM and integrated strategists who believe in the power of cultural insights combined with consumer data to create relevancy, change behavior and ultimately grow our client’s business.
Reporting to the VP, Strategy, you will work closely with the creative and account teams to understand and represent the customer as you design strategic plans and deliver inspiring briefs that will help bring about creative solutions to our client’s business challenges. You must be a collaborator at the core, motivated by doing great work and be able to successfully manage multiple projects with agility. You are someone who likes to ask great questions, solve problems and who has the confidence to bring new thinking into the agency.
About the role.
- Lead the integrated planning process for key clients/projects, bringing in the optimal mix of insights, strategy, creative, tech, account representation to craft compelling communications strategies. You will also have the ability to clearly articulate them in a confident and persuasive manner to clients and teams.
- Connect consumer insights with client data research and cultural trends to uncover meaningful insights about a consumer – deriving the story from the insights – with an eye to how that relates to a bigger idea.
- Ability to see both the forest and trees, being able to help visualize how moments connect to form a cohesive customer journey – and how to transform those strategies into comprehensive connections plans, with an emphasis on segmentation, micro-journeys and content/cadence planning.
- Provide inspiration and ideas to creative teams as they begin the creative development process; act as a partner and sounding board during the creative process, with the ability to formulate and communicate an objective point of view on creative work that is constructive and representative of the consumer.
- Take high-level creative ideas and break them into their specific communications tasks; succinctly outline the role of channels within an idea; develop frameworks that assist in the presentation of ideas to clients.
- Support the development of thought leadership to both enhance the internal knowledge base on what the strategy team can do, but also to bolster the external positioning and new business efforts.
- Build excellent relationships with media partners and agency partners.
About you and your experience
- 5-7 years of integrated communications planning experience with emphasis on deep understanding of the consumer (the ability to find unique insights from specific sources outside of the traditional range of consumer research reports and easily obtained information from online sources)
- Strong ability to think creatively, strategically and analytically.
- Proven builder of team expertise; supports development and shares best practices.
- Outstanding capability to captivate an audience with a focus on strategic selling.
- Can design and facilitate large workshop activities to engage the client team in a creative problem solving process.
- Passion for your ideas, but a greater desire to collaborate to the best idea.
- Solid sense of urgency and ability to discern the critical few (and willingness to ask for help when needed)
- An entrepreneurial spirit and desire to bring new things to life.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We are also an inclusive employer and offer reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know when you submit your application.
We appreciate all expressed interest in this position, however only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.