We’re looking for a thinker and a doer who is equal parts intellectually rigorous and creatively curious, with an instinct for relating a good story and a penchant for making the complex simple.
- The successful candidate will be passionate about finding new ways to bring ideas to life, and be able to communicate those points of view clearly and persuasively.
- Lead the divining of integrated insights and strategic planning in a way consistent with the agency’s goal of bringing a strong analytical and cultural foundation to uncover: fresh and innovative insights/business opportunities and inspiring creative ideas.
- Act as a critical liaison between the Chicago and New York offices in strategically aligning overall marketing efforts with what activates on a digital, content, and social media level.
- Help create and present thoughtful and provocative strategies, creative briefs, brand ideas, and experience plans.
- Maintain a deep knowledge of category and competitive activity, and keep a finger on the pulse of existing and emerging consumer and cultural trends.
- Support the Strategy Director in day-to-day strategic output by leading a talented, dynamic team of strategists across two offices.
- Partner with creatives and account supervisors to develop disruptive ideas and experiences at multiple customer touch-points that breakthrough in the category.
- Support the orchestration of all brand planning, strategic development and analytical activity for the largest and longest-running account in the agency, working closely with integrated agency partners in media, digital/social, multicultural, activation, and PR
- Ensure all deliverables required from the group, internally and externally, are met in a professional, efficient and timely manner.
- Identify opportunities to constantly improve the quality of thinking applied to our client's business by inspiring and facilitating collaboration among client and agency team members.
- Minimum of 7 year’s experience in planning, strategic planning and related communications experience.
- Bachelors Degree required; Post-Graduate/Portfolio School study in advertising or brand strategy preferred.
- Marketing background, creative problem-solving, and strong analytical capabilities a must.
- Ability to think creatively and evidence of success in developing brands and delivering them to market.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research acumen; comfortable navigating, monitoring, and divining insight and ideas from search and social media.
- Strong communication skills, a gifted writer, and enthusiastic presenter with proficiency in Keynote.
- Vertical growth will be closely assessed and rewarded based on consistent demonstration of overall acumen, proven impact on the business and the brand, professional growth and category knowledge, thought leadership, and managerial skills.
- The Senior Strategist will be groomed and expected to become a Strategy Director based on the aforementioned criteria.