Art Director Intern
DDB SF is the westernmost outpost of DDB’s global network. We like to think we embody the entrepreneurial, experimental and techy ethos of San Francisco, couched in the tradition and recognition that comes with the DDB name.
Our philosophy with our intern program, is to treat our interns like we would anyone on our creative team. You will get guidance and you will have someone watching out for you, but it’s far from a coddling experience. We throw you into the fray. We brief you on real assignments, may have you working on real new business pitches, expect real thinking and potentially even take you to make real presentations to our real clients. We don’t believe in “intern work.” There is only work.
The DDB SF internship program will run from June 3 – August 23. This will be 40 hours a week, not part-time.
You will be working side-by-side in a department of hungry, talented creative people across all mediums. Our hope is that we will make you a better creative and that you will make us a better agency.
In addition to client work our interns participate in a series workshop sessions; getting a 360-degree understanding of the agency. You will also work on a group brief with your fellow interns to present to the agency at the end of the summer.
- Concepting in a team environment and alone.
- Creation of presentation materials (comps, decks, scripts, etc.).
- Presentation of concepts to creative directors.
- When appropriate, presentation of concepts to clients.
- With guidance, participation in the production process, possibly including attending shoots, edits and client presentations.
- Grow and develop as a creative.
Art Director Qualifications:
- Portfolio demonstrating conceptually ability required.
- Solid design skills – we want to see craftsmanship in your work.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite programs (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop) and Keynote.
- Have a self-starting, entrepreneurial spirit and be an all-around good person. We like good people.
DDB is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.