Production Business Manager
A PBM is a process champion who drives seamless workflow for on-time and on-budget delivery of assets. This is someone who has tireless enthusiasm for the details. This individual that can work closely with others to interpret ideas and collaborate towards a common outcome of creating entertaining and engaging content and assets for agency clients.
Areas of Accountability:
- Support the Agency's production process by putting to use best practices to ensure an efficient, reliable and accurate workflow
- Build a strong and positive working relationship with producers, creatives and account teams to review work, resolve issues, and provide solutions
- Build on skills to review commercial and content concepts/scripts to advise on hiring talent, securing third party rights and ultimately contracting with all third parties and all performers
- Master the internal accounting process, procedures and relevant software
- Actively advise on all budgets and provide solutions to help stay within client approved budget while producing best creative work
- Develop and fine tune skills in reviewing performer contracts, screen finished commercials to ensure all rights are obtained, develop final cast reports and renegotiate contracts when necessary
- Support a process for tracking and managing license/usage agreements
- Support all additional business production needs as they arise
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college
- 3+ years of experience as a Production Business Manager or similar role.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a great, fast paced and talented production and post production team.
- Strong working knowledge of the SAG-AFTRA Commercials Contract and the American Federation of Musicians Contract
- Innovative thinking that is essential to manage the quickly evolving production environment and new media opportunities
- Experience with integrated, non-broadcast and offshore productions is a plus.
- Exceptional organizational skills
DDB reaffirms its commitment to the policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and to carrying out this policy at all of its offices. It shall be the policy of DDB to (1) recruit, select, hire, train, promote, pay, discipline and terminate employees in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, alienage, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other basis upon which discrimination against or harassment of employees or applicants for employment is prohibited under any applicable federal, state or local equal opportunity employment laws and (2) ensure that all personnel actions are administered without discrimination in violation of applicable law.