Senior Content Manager
We are looking for a Senior Content Manager to work on a leading automotive account. Working within the Content Team and reporting to a Lead Content Manager, you will be responsible for creating, improving and maintaining website content using content management systems and other relevant tools, services and platforms, in addition to ensuring the quality of our overall process and the work of junior colleagues.
We are looking for an individual with exceptional attention to detail who is a good communicator and works well under pressure. You should be comfortable expressing your opinion, with a can-do attitude and willingness to use your initiative. Proven experience in a senior content management role would be preferred.
We like nice people who are really good at what they do, and are keen to grow as part of a team.
- Work with Tribal colleagues and clients to oversee, create, maintain and improve content.
- Use content management systems and other relevant tools, services and platforms.
- Receive and respond to client briefs and advise on the best use of resources.
- Ensure quality and continual improvement of content; demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
- Apply visual and editorial style guidance consistently and diligently.
- Proactively solicit and generate ideas that can help improve our work and produce better results for our clients.
- Assess site content in terms of the individual’s total experience and proactively suggest ways to enhance it.
- Support Content Leads in delivering strategic projects, such as content migrations.
- Support Content Leads in planning a programme of activity across the year; own and manage that plan.
- Interpret analysis and reporting to identify ways to improve content performance.
- Communicate and liaise with colleagues and clients to overcome challenges and take advantage of opportunities; oversee the work of junior colleagues.
- Use project management systems such as Jira to manage your workload and the workload of junior colleagues.
- Able to plan tasks, prioritise workload, determine capacity for yourself and junior colleagues, and set expectations for delivery.
Key skills and experience required
- 3+ years hands-on experience as a senior content manager.
- 5+ years using content management systems (CMS) for day-to-day work – AEM a plus.
- Strong understanding of user experience and content management principles.
- Excellent written communication skills, specifically spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Able to work independently and oversee the work of others; safe pair of hands; proactive and an enthusiastic; team player.
- Able to work well under pressure and hit deadlines first time every time.
- Able to write and own project documents, such as status updates and cotent audits.
- Good working knowledge of Word and Excel (MS Project desirable but not essential).
- Good people person.
- Natural problem solver.
- Competitive Salary.
- 25 days holiday per year.
- Pension scheme, Life Assurance, Permanent Health Insurance.
- Progressive training and development initiatives.
- Gym discounts, hobby fund, and lots more benefits to help you achieve a work-life balance.
Tribal is a Total Experience agency. Thinking beyond the established customer experience, we work with brands to consider the total experience – online, offline and internal engagement and processes – and create products, services and comms that people love.
Made up of six practices - Customer Experience, Creative and Social, Tech Engineering, Business Consulting, Data Science and Innovation - they can stand apart or snap together to help our clients create purpose built best-in-class digital experiences. Endeavoring to explore the intersection between brands, technology and real life, we develop ideas that connect with culture and uncover compelling ways in which technology can add value to real people’s lives whilst delivering returns to our clients.
At Tribal, our 20-year creative heritage stretches all the way back to the inception of modern advertising and now connects us to one of the world’s largest creative networks. Since the day that our doors first opened, we’ve been shaped by a culture of constant progress and as a result, today we are a forward-thinking digital agency that can always be found on that hallowed ground where creative innovation meets usability.
Find out more at: www.tribalworldwide.co.uk
Follow us at: www.linkedin.com/company/tribal-worldwide-london
An inclusive culture is at the heart of Tribal Worldwide London
We are a global Tribe and we believe diversity inspires creativity and change.
We welcome and respect diverse perspectives and are stronger for them.
We employ the best minds in our business and strive to ensure our environment is supportive and inclusive for all.
N.B This job description will not form part of the contract of employment unless specified otherwise.
Successful applicants will also be asked to confirm their eligibility to work in the UK and provide documentary evidence to support such status.