Do you live to create? Looking for your next big challenge? How about a breath of fresh air? As part of the DDB Group, the C14TORCE creative agency network handles all global advertising for the SEAT car brand. With offices in 11 countries and counting, C14TORCE is a place for those who like to bend the rules. It’s a place for rock’n’roll. At the heart of Barcelona, and beyond.
The Strategic Planner must have at least 3 years of experience in strategic brand and/or communications planning, product/consumer marketing, business intelligence, and/or strategic consulting. Background could include advertising, public relations, digital marketing, market/consumer research and/or media. Ideally, this individual has helped develop content and campaign strategies, messaging and tactics, and/or brand direction guidelines. Agency experience is preferred and experience in the auto industry is a plus. A graduate degree in a related field is a plus.
The Jr. Strategic Planner ensures that the human element stays present in the work and that campaigns, programming activations and tactical experiences are tethered to strategy. This individual asks thought- provoking questions in order to draw out the best insights, and brings the “what if?” and “why?” to all meetings.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Conducting primary and secondary research around brand, consumer, category and competition, and compiling research dossiers that summarize key findings
• Mining for insights and providing strategic recommendations
• Writing creative briefs
• Actively participating in brainstorms and planning workshops
• Supporting the development of campaign, content and channel strategies
• Playing a hands-on role in brand positioning and narrative
• Collaborating across Account, Analytics and Creative teams
• Staying up-to-date on industry news - we will rely on you to keep the team (and our clients) informed of the latest and greatest
• Compiling trend reports and case studies, as needed
• Acting as the Strategy and Planning Knowledge Manager – ensuring that content and best practices are updated and shared frequently
The Strategic Planner plays a hybrid role between brand planning and creative communications. The person must demonstrate thoroughness, intelligence, and a passion for discovery, problem solving and the dynamic world of modern business.
The ideal candidate is:
• Curious and creative, with a discerning eye for what makes a great marketing campaign.
• A resourceful researcher with analytical skills, eager to dive into data and analytics to detect consumer, brand, industry and cultural insights.
• A strong strategic thinker, with a keen ability to see patterns in the chaos, providing thoughtful insights and actionable recommendations.
• An expert storyteller, from inception to delivery, with superior written communication and presentation skills.
• Skilled at organizing information in a clear and understandable way, especially in a PowerPoint presentation.
• Diligent, organized and nimble, able to adapt to new assignments and deadlines with a proven ability to multi-task under supervision.
• Proactive and solutions-oriented, taking initiative as appropriate.
• A passionate consumer of culture with a sense of historic, current and emerging trends relating to a broad mix of subjects, infusing this knowledge into every aspect of the planning process.
• Informed about traditional and new media platforms and a sense of what’s trending in the digital world.
• Collaborative and engaged, with a sense of humor