WHO WE ARE
DDB is a worldwide collection of talent, cultures and ideas united by the power of creativity. It's our fundamental belief that creativity is the most powerful force in business. Our strength lies in our individual areas of expertise, and how we best utilize them to deliver effective business results for complex problems. We are passionate about our craft and pursue excellence in all that we do. Last, but not least, (we think), we are fun to work with.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
DDB Canada is looking for a Copywriter with 4-6 years of experience. You must have a desire to create a portfolio of award-winning work and have experience across all media -TV, outdoor, print, and innovating in the digital space. Your portfolio showcases versatility in all forms of copy, with a proven ability to envision and execute creative solutions. You have a way with words, language fluency and a vivid imagination. Working closely with other creatives, you'll provide ideas on a wide variety of accounts.
- Works well with the Client Service and Strategic Planning teams regarding marketing and creative strategies for brand concepts, providing insight and challenging the brief as appropriate in order to raise the agency’s creative offering.
- Collaborates with other creative staff to share learning and experience and to establish initiatives that will improve the creative product.
- Generates and develops concepts and ideas, which meet the requirements of the brief as well as the client’s-branding standards that are of a consistently high standard.
- Understands and accepts the need to amend, revise or redevelop campaigns in response to feedback from the creative director or clients.
- Ensures all work is done to agreed deadlines and within budget often monitoring the progress of more junior staff.
- Multi-tasks, working on several campaigns at once, under pressure and on tight deadlines.
- Is involved in the production process including casting, dealing with production companies and directors, as well as work with typographers, designers and printers.
- Possesses excellent written and presentation skills.
- Is able to sell a creative idea passionately and persuasively ensuring its link to the brief.
- Keeps up-to-date with popular culture and trends.
- Mentors more junior talent on the creative team sharing their knowledge, experience and expertise.
- Works well in a team, has developed a reputation for cooperation and teamwork.
- Contributes to overall office morale, spirit, character and work quality.
WHAT YOU HAVE
The ideal candidate will have 4-6 years experience and must be a highly conceptual thinker, with an understanding of strategic marketing objectives, highly versatile writing skills and the ability to turn complex briefs into clear, highly effective and insightful communications material. With a positive, forward-thinking attitude, you’ll be a natural fit for the evolving DDB culture.
WHAT WE OFFER
DDB Canada offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, great clients, fun office environment, an exceptional team of professionals to work with, and yes, even Hot Dog Days.
If this is you, send us your portfolio and resume, along with any of your links to blogs, twitter, Linkedin, etc.
We thank all applicants in for their interest, and advise that only those under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.