Junior-Mid Java Developer
We are looking for a solid Java Web Developer to work closely with the Technical Lead, developing code on time and to budget, and to do so in a manner that meets the client’s requirements and continues to improve the quality of the project.
- Demonstrating that the code meets requirements
- Analysing the client’s functional requirements
- Documenting work packages and deployment guidelines
- Estimating, planning, and delivering work under the guidance and support of the Technical Lead and Project Managers
- Providing technical advice to the Project Managers and Account Managers
- Comprehensive knowledge of development using Java, with over 3 years commercial experience
- Ability to produce well-structured, testable and maintainable code
- Experience developing functionally rich, high traffic and high availability websites
- Comfortable working with a CLI and Linux environments, such as CentOS
- Working knowledge of applicable Internet standards and protocols
- Knowledge and experience of Java web frameworks such as Spring
- Knowledge and experience of build tools such as Maven and Gradle
- Knowledge and experience of continuous integration and deployment tools such as Jenkins
- Knowledge and experience of testing frameworks such as JUnit
- Knowledge and experience of source control systems such as Git
- Experience using RESTful API end-points
- Good working knowledge of database technologies such as MySQL
The successful candidate will:
- Work effectively with other team members across disciplines
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Pay attention to detail and have a commitment to quality
- Be eager to learn and apply new skills and technologies
- Take ownership and solve problems in a resourceful and professional manner
- Be committed to keeping their skills and knowledge up-to-date by following industry trends, attending conferences/talks and having relevant certifications
- Competitive Salary.
- 25 days holiday per year.
- Pension scheme, Life Assurance, Permanent Health Insurance.
- Progressive training and development initiatives.
- Gym discounts, hobby fund, and lots more benefits to help you achieve a work-life balance.
Tribal is a Total Experience agency. Thinking beyond the established customer experience, we work with brands to consider the total experience – online, offline and internal engagement and processes – and create products, services and comms that people love.
Made up of six practices - Customer Experience, Tech Engineering, Creative and Social, Business Consulting, Data Science and Innovation - they can stand apart or snap together to help our clients create purpose built, best-in-class digital experiences.
Endeavouring to explore the intersection between brands, technology and real life, we develop ideas that connect with culture and uncover compelling ways in which technology can add value to real people’s lives whilst delivering returns to our clients.
At Tribal, our 20-year creative heritage stretches all the way back to the inception of modern advertising and now connects us to one of the world’s largest creative networks. Since the day that our doors first opened, we’ve been shaped by a culture of constant progress and as a result, today we are a forward-thinking digital agency that can always be found on that hallowed ground where creative & tech innovation meets usability.
Find out more at: www.tribalworldwide.co.uk
Follow us at: www.linkedin.com/company/tribal-worldwide-london
An inclusive culture is at the heart of Tribal Worldwide London
We are a global Tribe and we believe diversity inspires creativity and change.
We welcome and respect diverse perspectives and are stronger for them.
We employ the best minds in our business and strive to ensure our environment is supportive and inclusive for all.
N.B This job description will not form part of the contract of employment unless specified otherwise.
Successful applicants will also be asked to confirm their eligibility to work in the UK and provide documentary evidence to support such status.