The Systems/Applications Engineer’s role is to implement and maintain new or existing applications, services and databases. Responsibilities include all testing, staging, installations, upgrades and maintenance, code and software deployments, as well as responding to alerts. Further responsibilities include maintaining up-to-date documentation pertaining to the state of the back office applications and services. The Applications Engineer is also responsible for generating and compiling reports based on the findings, complete with probable causes and possible solutions to systems issues. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of IT system investments.
- Work with DDB agencies staff and clients to identify business solutions
- Gather requirements and perform analysis of data integration, reporting and analytical capabilities required from marketing and business teams
- Designing, developing, tuning, and testing enterprise application extensions and interfaces
- Develop HTML e-mail templates
- Develop applications for mobile devices and desktop computers
- Research third party applications
- Report on project progress
- Manage DAM environments
- Manage SQL and MySQL environments
- Interface with clients to help troubleshoot issues as needed.
- Participate in daily and weekly meetings as required.
- Configure web and database stacks.
- Perform adequate testing / staging of all updates before applying them to the live environment
- Manage Linux and Windows servers
- Partner with all Omnicom IT Teams to solve problems
- Create documentation including: plans/schedules; requirements; architecture and data models; test and deployment plans; and user and operations manuals
- Continue education and training in current and new technologies
Formal Education & Certification
- College degree in the field of computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related field
- 5+ years related work experience.
- Microsoft Certified (MCP, MCITP, MCSA, MCSE)
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Extensive knowledge in the following areas
- Windows Servers, IIS, DNS, DHCP, AD, SMTP, SQL, and Exchange
- Lamp environments
- Developer experience with PHP
- Knowledge of CDS and cloud hosted environments
- Working knowledge of Apple and Windows operating systems.
- Working knowledge of SAN/NAS, Azure, Nasuni,
- Working Knowledge of network and server monitoring tools
- Extensive practical knowledge in importing data for use in project management software, spreadsheets, graphs, flow charts and diagraming applications.
- Good knowledge of network infrastructure
- Proven experience in the operation and analysis of database hardware, software, and standards, as well as data retrieval methodologies.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Up-to-date knowledge of back office applications
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Logical and efficient.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.