At DDB, we believe Creativity Is The Most Powerful Force In Business. Our job put simply is to help our clients make intuitive leaps they couldn't make alone that help them grow beyond their wildest dreams. And we’re looking for an Account Director to join us on the Integrated Account team that can help us bring this belief to life every day.
At DDB Canada, Account Directors are passionate about making good ideas even better, whether it’s creative, strategic or logistical. They are the key day-to-day interface between the account group, the client and all other agency departments or affiliated partners. They are responsible for the development of the brand plan and providing overall direction to ensure it is implemented effectively.
Account Directors are solution-oriented, always thinking about their business, anticipating issues, and implementing their vision to produce superior results. They are comprehensively informed, efficient and effective administrators, trusted and respected by all. Account Directors play a vital role in the training and development of their team, instilling enthusiasm, and setting a good example by living creatively and constantly encouraging their team to go beyond expectations, motivating and energizing them. We have a track record of delivering award-winning, business-building work for our clients. We are looking for the right person who has what it takes to be a part of a team that expects you to be creatively driven, passionate and curious about the industry and the work that we do.
- Act as primary contact to clients, continually fostering client-agency relationships to build trust and become a valuable resource to clients
- Delivers thought leadership to both their internal teams and the clients they partner with to drive results in both the work and the business metrics.
- Provide strategic guidance to clients on an ongoing basis; anticipate and address clients’ needs
- Develop and drive proactive plans, strategies and client recommendations
- Immerses self in client’s business and not only champions stellar, business-building ideas but knows how to effectively collaborate to bring those ideas to life
- Establishes effective balance of advisory and advocacy skills with clients and team
- Contributes meaningfully to the training and mentorship of their direct reports and the account team as a whole.
- Manage a wide range of competing priorities while ensuring the team meets all its deadlines and manages projects within prescribed budgets
Key attributes include but are not limited to:
- Develops a vision for their brand / business – where it needs to go, and how to get there
- Contributes to the client’s growth strategy thinking well beyond execution and the current campaign
- Develops and defends innovative and provocative strategies to solve their client’s marketing and communication needs, both in the short and long term
- Demonstrates excellent creative judgment and inspires creativity in their clients and agency team
- Nurtures and protects the integrity of the creative idea; takes the creative to new places by partnering with the creative team
- Looks for and develops customized integrated opportunities for their client’s business(es), knowing when and how to bring in new resources in areas beyond advertising to open new revenue streams
- Understands completely how the agency makes money: clients, overhead, PBT, expenditures, etc., and helps to maximize revenue / growth through partner agencies
- Improves agency systems to ensure client expectations are fulfilled while agency profitability is protected
- Ensures resource management is optimized, making sure people on their team are fully utilized, yet not over-extended
Knowledge & Skills
- Builds their strategic thinking abilities by keeping current on industry trends and issues affecting their client’s business expanding their own perspective and knowledge by collaborating and sharing with other Account Directors
- Collaborates with Strategic Planners and plays a leadership role in co-creation process to ensure the development of provocative, single-minded communications strategies that deliver against the brands’ overall growth strategy and architecture
- Synthesizes consumer insights, brand knowledge and marketing know-how to effectively defend and persuade their clients to embrace a strong strategic idea and keep it sold
- Applies all the principles of marketing and available agency resources to further specific business objectives for both the agency and client
- Maintains DDB’s business philosophy by looking for opportunities to bring the DDB values to life
Relationships / Communication
- Builds client’s trust, regularly dialoguing with clients on brand / business issues and advertising / marketing always searching for ways to enhance the client / agency relationship
- Actively builds client’s commitment to branding, consumer insights, communications strategy, the brand’s campaign and long-term growth strategy
- Knows how to deal with difficult clients or situations in a diplomatic and solution-oriented manner focusing on the issue and not personalities
- Manages up; knows when to involve senior management and when to handle a situation themselves
- Takes actions, makes decisions, and shapes team or group priorities to reflect the organization’s vision and values
- Initiates and implements big-picture thinking, guiding the agency team to produce superior results
- Leads by example in setting the standard for account team members in work ethic, professionalism, cooperation and organizational commitment
- Coaches, challenges and rewards employees; builds the skill set of their account team and assists with their career development
- 8+ years of experience in account management
- Demonstrated financial responsibility and management
- Proven experience in managing different clients, integrated campaigns and leading diverse teams
- Broad range of experience across business categories and communications media
- Solid reputation, support with examples of; negotiating skills, talent development, and delivering growth by identifying and building business opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree or similar post-secondary education an asset
DDB Canada is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We also offer reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know when you submit your application.
We appreciate all expressed interest in this position, however only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.