DDB Chicago Strategist
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Transforming client briefs into strong creative briefs by taking research, information and insights and distilling them down into a singular strategic idea for creative teams to operate from and for clients to easily understand.
- Primary Research: concept, write discussion guides and facilitate focus groups, man-on-the-street interviews, surveys, customer segmentation studies, etc. as necessary; manage 3rd party vendors for the above.
- Secondary Research: Be resourceful. Find unique, unexpected insights and stories about our clients, our consumers and the way the world is changing around them.
- You must be confident, articulate and have excellent instincts with regard to human behavior, business strategy and general marketing theory. And you should be able to do this quickly, with minimal supervision.
- A passion for culture, understanding how people think/interact, brands, platforms and problem solving.
- You should be familiar with formal processes for building and evolving brands over time and uncovering deep consumer insights.
- At any given time, you should be able to articulate a confident point of view on any industry, brand, consumer segment or communication platform.
- 2-4 years of relevant advertising/marketing experience. Graduate degree in communications, advertising, brand planning or business a plus.