Location: Fairfax, VA / Washington DC area
Job ID: 1122
**US Citizeship required
The Delivery Manager will sit cross-functionally and be responsible for managing multiple workstreams across different vendors and teams. You will have a solid background in technical project management, ideally leading and implementing data and/or business intelligence projects. Efforts will range in complexity and this role will be responsible for the planning activities from understanding the business requirements to successful project implementation across an iterative lifecycle. This role will manage scope, schedule, quality, risks and issues, impact on client's people, process, data and systems, and dependencies across client's departments. Strong leadership and mentorship qualities are highly desired.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage multiple workstreams across the Department of State PEPFAR Program.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills through all levels of communication.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of BI and Data Management trends and best practices.
- Provide a central point of coordination to reduce meeting overheads and be the go-to liaison for leading cross-team initiatives.
- Act as a proven mentor across the team.
- Laser focused on delivery and mange changes to project scope and schedule, resolve conflicts, and track reasons for the change
- Driver of scope, work plans, and rapid, iterative project execution
- Facilitate the transformation of client through changes to people, process, technology, and/or data
- Strong project management and people management skills
- Sense of urgency, ability to convey the sense of urgency, and ability to rapidly navigate through blockers
- Strong communication, inter-personal and negotiation skills.
- Manage assigned projects and activities from initiation to close-out, including:
- Define and track project milestones and project deliverables using appropriate tools
- Report project status: task progress, risks, and issues
- Collaborate and lead cooperative efforts with project team members, sponsors, stakeholders, and business users
- Identify risks and issues and facilitate resolution
- Perform additional job-related duties as requested
- Provide leadership in areas of project management, documentation and scope management
- Work directly with a Technical Architect to support project efficiency and success across BI and Data teams.
- Develop and utilize appropriate project management frameworks to deliver in a highly technical environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong technical background, AWS and general Data Management knowledge is required, BI knowledge would be a plus.
- Experience with managing federal task orders related to onboarding resources, budget, and task orders including managing and forecasting labor categories and monitoring and evaluating budget
- Ability to grasp vision, develop delivery plans, and manage execution.
- Desire and ability to mentor direct reports across multiple teams.
- Solid technical understanding of BI and Data technology trends and best practices.
- Excellent client-facing and communication skills across all platforms.
- Ability to translate architecture to delivery.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking.
- Hands-on project management technical experience inclusive of ability to use MS Project (or equivalent)
- Demonstrated ability to forecast project resource and budget utilization; resource capacity plan; and to construct a detail project plan w/ dependencies and critical path.
Education, Experience, & Certifications
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience working directly on data-driven projects.
- 8+ years of experience managing the delivery of multiple work streams and teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Systems, Economics or Business, or equivalent.
- PMP certification is a plus.
- Ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
- Great Culture focused on our customers and team members
- Datastrong offers a compensation plan consisting of a competitive base salary and an uncapped bonus
- Health coverage with Vision and Dental options
- Flexible spending account options
- 401k plan offerings
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Free lunch Fridays!!
Datastrong is the foremost provider of data consulting services. Datastrong’s mission is to accelerate the adoption of data technology solutions and effectively turn data into meaningful and actionable insights to advance our customers organizational objectives.
Datastrong helps our customers by simplifying the challenge of complex data. Datastrong simplifies data complexity through the deep technical expertise of our team. Our approach is to consultatively work with clients to understand business requirements and sources of data. Once we understand the organizational needs and data sources, we help customers accelerate the adoption of innovative technologies to create competitive advantages for the organization. We leverage data to help customers improve the speed and quality of the decision-making process. More efficient decision making through data allows our customers to more effectively act and advance the organizations objectives.
Datastrong has deep technical experience implementing technology solutions including business process, data analytics, business intelligence, data warehousing, Extract, Transfer Load (ETL), data integration, software development, mobile data presentation, and data visualization.
Datastrong has over 100 customers across the Government, Education, Health Care, Financial Services, Insurance, Retail, Hospitality, Manufacturing, Bio-Pharma, and Services Industries including large Fortune 500 organizations.
To learn more about Datastrong visit www.datastrong.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
Datastrong is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. If accommodation is needed in the application process, arrangements can be made with the local regional office.