Location: Boston, MA
Job ID: 1084
The Data Architect will support the implementation of a customer data lake in AWS. You should be able to effectively communicate with both technical and business stakeholders for requirements analysis, and will be highly proficient in the technical architecture, design, and development of database design. You must be a driver and help clients truly understand the data and how it moves.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Define source data and align data with business requirements and able to build data model using toolsets.
- Design and perform all activities related to database architecture components between environments during development and deployment.
- Establish governance policies and align/build data relationships to business processes.
- Interview business users to extract requirements fulfilling upon both strategic and tactical information needs.
- Document requirement specifications and any related designs.
- Execute project assignments to support overall objectives of the project plan; analyze and resolve technical problems.
- Test reports or review ETL for data accuracy and conduct root cause analysis and remediation of issues.
- Plan the activities of own portion of project and focuses on the delivery of short-term results to the client.
- Identify gaps between project scope and overall client needs.
- Find new methods to improve client relationship.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven experience architecting a data lake implementation from source data systems to data lake and build data catalog capabilities.
- Proficient in AWS Cloud technologies, catalog tools, data ingestion and governance tools.
- Exhibit exceptional technical skills in database architecture, database design and ETL.
- AWS and/or Amazon Redshift experience is highly preferred.
- Proven experience in data governance, MDM, and data catalogs.
- Displays knowledge of the proper way to adhere to the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to quickly recognize, isolate, and resolve technical problems.
- Understand business requirements and able to create/propose solutions.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks appropriately and adapt quickly to project changes.
Education, Experience, & Certifications
- Minimum of 8 years of experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Systems, Economics or Business, or equivalent.
- Hold appropriate certifications.
Datastrong is the foremost provider of data consulting services. Datastrong’s mission is to accelerate the adoption of data technology solutions and effectively turn data into meaningful and actionable insights to advance our customers organizational objectives.
Datastrong helps our customers by simplifying the challenge of complex data. Datastrong simplifies data complexity through the deep technical expertise of our team. Our approach is to consultatively work with clients to understand business requirements and sources of data. Once we understand the organizational needs and data sources, we help customers accelerate the adoption of innovative technologies to create competitive advantages for the organization. We leverage data to help customers improve the speed and quality of the decision-making process. More efficient decision making through data allows our customers to more effectively act and advance the organizations objectives.
Datastrong has deep technical experience implementing technology solutions including business process, data analytics, business intelligence, data warehousing, Extract, Transfer Load (ETL), data integration, software development, mobile data presentation, and data visualization.
Datastrong has over 100 customers across the Government, Education, Health Care, Financial Services, Insurance, Retail, Hospitality, Manufacturing, Bio-Pharma, and Services Industries including large Fortune 500 organizations.
To learn more about Datastrong visit www.datastrong.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
Datastrong is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. If accommodation is needed in the application process, arrangements can be made with the local regional office