BI Developer (Top Secret)
Business Intelligence Developer
Location: Washington DC
Job ID: 1120
**Active Top Secret clearance is required
The BI Developer is responsible for the design, development and debugging of reports and dashboards supporting an enterprise HR environment. Our team is technology agnostic. We are more focused on how you think and work with customers rather than the specific tools you use. You will have the opportunity to learn new skillsets and get training on the latest technologies. You will contribute to the functional and technical specifications for development of a discrete project deliverable of high complexity.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the creation and development of executive reports and dashboards.
- Interview business users to extract requirements fulfilling upon both strategic and operational information needs.
- Document requirement specifications and any related designs.
- Execute project assignments to support overall objectives of the project plan; analyze and resolve technical problems.
- Plan the activities and resource requirements of own portion of the project; focus on the delivery of short-term results to the client; ensure that personal workflow is aligned with the project timetables.
- Interface with client and participate actively in client meetings.
- Highlight risks/obstacles in project delivery.
- Complete all assigned tasks within defined parameters; identify roadblocks, problems or client issues which may impact the quality of the product; ensure that all documentation is kept in accordance with guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience developing in MicroStrategy, Tableau, Power BI, Cognos, Business Objects, or similar tools.
- Ability to work effectively in both a team environment and independently.
- Exhibit a strong knowledge of a front end or back end tool.
- Demonstrate strong client-facing skills.
- Express willingness to assist team members.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and able to quickly recognize, isolate, and resolve technical problems.
- Take initiative to continuously train and develop existing skills and on new technologies.
- Develop deeper technical and business skills through self-study and proactive approaches.
- Strong business and analytical skills including direct interaction with business end users for requirements analysis.
Education, Experience, & Certifications
- Minimum of 2 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Systems, Economics or Business, or equivalent
- Top Secret clearance required
- Great Culture focused on our customers and team members
- Datastrong offers a compensation plan consisting of a competitive base salary and an uncapped bonus
- Health coverage with Vision and Dental options
- Flexible spending account options
- 401k plan offerings
- Paid holidays and vacation
Datastrong is the foremost provider of data consulting services. Datastrong’s mission is to accelerate the adoption of data technology solutions and effectively turn data into meaningful and actionable insights to advance our customers organizational objectives.
Datastrong helps our customers by simplifying the challenge of complex data. Datastrong simplifies data complexity through the deep technical expertise of our team. Our approach is to consultatively work with clients to understand business requirements and sources of data. Once we understand the organizational needs and data sources, we help customers accelerate the adoption of innovative technologies to create competitive advantages for the organization. We leverage data to help customers improve the speed and quality of the decision-making process. More efficient decision making through data allows our customers to more effectively act and advance the organizations objectives.
Datastrong has deep technical experience implementing technology solutions including business process, data analytics, business intelligence, data warehousing, Extract, Transfer Load (ETL), data integration, software development, mobile data presentation, and data visualization.
Datastrong has over 100 customers across the Government, Education, Health Care, Financial Services, Insurance, Retail, Hospitality, Manufacturing, Bio-Pharma, and Services Industries including large Fortune 500 organizations.
To learn more about Datastrong visit www.datastrong.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
Datastrong is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. If accommodation is needed in the application process, arrangements can be made with the local regional office