Sr. MicroStrategy Developer
Sr. MicroStrategy Developer
Location: Fairfax, VA/Arlington, VA
Job ID: 1123
**U.S. Citizenship required – Must be able to obtain Secret clearance
We are continuing to grow and looking to add a Sr. MicroStrategy Developer to our largest (and continuing to grow) team! You must be extremely client focused and able to translate their needs into actionable requirements. You will be involved through the development lifecycle including creating designs and design documents, data discovery and exploration, data visualization, testing, and release management. To be successful in this role you need to be more than a MicroStrategy specialist, you must advise and consult Datastrong customers in overcoming and solving some of the toughest challenges.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and perform all activities related to migration of MicroStrategy.
- Interview business users to extract requirements fulfilling upon both strategic and tactical information needs.
- Document requirement specifications and any related designs.
- Test reports for data accuracy and conduct root cause analysis/remediation of issues.
- Execute project assignments to support overall objectives of the engagement project plan; analyzes and resolves technical problems on standard systems or selected platforms.
- Plan the activities and resource requirement of own portion of an engagement; focuses on the delivery of short-term results to the client; ensures that personal workflow is aligned with the engagement timetables.
- Continue to develop Project Management skills.
- Identify gaps between project scope and overall client needs.
- Lead work packages and highlight risks/obstacles in project delivery.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong MicroStrategy report and dashboard creation.
- Knowledge of Excel and SQL are highly preferred.
- Customer focused mindset.
- Proven experience in MicroStrategy deployment and security.
- MicroStrategy administration experience is great to have.
- Testing experience.
- Demonstration strong client-facing skills and express willingness to assist team members.
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving skills and creatively think outside of the box to solve complex solutions.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to quickly recognize, isolate, and resolve technical problems.
- Develop deeper technical and business skills through proactive approaches.
- Strong business and analytical skills including direct interaction with business end users for requirements analysis.
Education, Experience, & Certifications
- Minimum of 4+ years of related MicroStrategy experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Systems, Economics or Business, or equivalent
- Hold appropriate certifications
Datastrong is the foremost provider of data consulting services. Datastrong’s mission is to accelerate the adoption of data technology solutions and effectively turn data into meaningful and actionable insights to advance our customers organizational objectives.
Datastrong helps our customers by simplifying the challenge of complex data. Datastrong simplifies data complexity through the deep technical expertise of our team. Our approach is to consultatively work with clients to understand business requirements and sources of data. Once we understand the organizational needs and data sources, we help customers accelerate the adoption of innovative technologies to create competitive advantages for the organization. We leverage data to help customers improve the speed and quality of the decision-making process. More efficient decision making through data allows our customers to more effectively act and advance the organizations objectives.
Datastrong has deep technical experience implementing technology solutions including business process, data analytics, business intelligence, data warehousing, Extract, Transfer Load (ETL), data integration, software development, mobile data presentation, and data visualization.
Datastrong has over 100 customers across the Government, Education, Health Care, Financial Services, Insurance, Retail, Hospitality, Manufacturing, Bio-Pharma, and Services Industries including large Fortune 500 organizations.
To learn more about Datastrong visit www.datastrong.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
Datastrong is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. If accommodation is needed in the application process, arrangements can be made with the local regional office.