Location: Washington DC
Job ID: 1093
Active Top-Secret US Government clearance required
Are you an analytical, data-driven professional? Are you interested in a role that offers the opportunity to provide client-facing support? If so, Datastrong is the place for you! Join our team of specialists as they unlock insights contained in a data universe and work through challenges related to real-time data integration and analytics, data quality management, mission-oriented analysis, and human resources.
Work you will perform
As a Data Engineer on the analytics team you will:
- Create and enhance the data pipeline architecture
- Assemble data sets to meet functional and non-functional business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, etc.
- Work with business stakeholders to assist with data-related needs and issues
- Create data tools for front-end analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in their responsibilities
- Design and deliver ETL data integration workflow components
- Active Top-Secret US Government clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Business Analytics disciplines, or related area
- 3+ years of experience with ETL and data integration, data quality analysis, statistical analysis and/or modeling
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience with RDBMS platforms
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures, and data sets
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Strong business and analytical skills including direct interaction with business end users for requirements analysis
- Hands-on experience with implementation and support of commercial data integration software (Informatica, IBM DataStage, Talend, Microsoft SSIS, etc.)
- Experience with Oracle SQL or PL/SQL
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Experience in Python, message queuing, or stream processing
How you will grow
At Datastrong, our professional development plan focuses on helping employees at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths. Datastrong offers opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
- Compensation plan consisting of a competitive base salary and an uncapped bonus
- 100% Health coverage for employees with Vision and Dental options
- Paid holidays and vacation with a generous leave policy
- Commute reimbursement
- Professional development and educational tuition assistance
- Flexible spending account options
- 401(k) retirement plan with complimentary financial advisory services
Our culture is built on inclusion, collaboration, high performance, and opportunity. That combination helps our professionals make a difference individually and collectively. And it makes Datastrong a rewarding place to work. We are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
We are proud to be part of the communities where we work and live. Datastrong takes great pride in knowing that what we do best – applying our skills and experience – helps to build strong communities that shape and sustain our business culture. Our team members are provided opportunities to support the community through volunteerism, giving their time, talent, and generosity.
Datastrong is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. If accommodation is needed in the application process, arrangements can be made with the local regional office.