Job Title: Estimator/Planner
Job Summary: The estimator/planner is responsible for growing customer relations through estimating, preparing proposals, onboarding new awards, assist with the planning work order process and some sales responsibilities. This is a full time, day shift, non-exempt position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately defining customer, industry and product requirements
- Research labor and material costs
- Develop estimated method of manufacturing meeting customer requirements
- Develop and maintain supply chain and customer relations for quoting activity
- Use Excel to analyze market data
- Assist with forecasting pending new work opportunities
- Provide market feedback for operations growth strategy
- Upon receipt of award; assist with new product introduction
- Create internal work order planning based off estimated manufacturing cost structure within the framework of customer requirements
- Assist and coordinate with preparation of marketing material,
- Some travel required presenting to a focused number of customer accounts
- Strong experience working with aerospace/ defense specifications
- Familiarization reading engineering documentation including blueprints
- Broad understanding in methods of manufacturing including NC Mills and Sheet Metal manufacturing
- Familiarization with contractual verbiage
- Ability to work in a cross function team/ open cubicle environment
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Experience using MRP/ERP Systems
Required: Four year degree or equivalent work experience.
Preferred: Strong background in machining techniques, manufacturing processes and aerospace assembly; Strong background in MS Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook, CAD software (CATIA, Unigraphics); Experience reading blueprints and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) data; Knowledge of materials, processing, cutting tools, assembly specifications and hardware installation
Shift: Day Shift, Monday - Friday
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
- Use of computer keyboard and mouse throughout the work day
- Lifting up to 35 pounds
- Use of multi-line phone
- Must be able to read, write and communicate fluently in English
- Some travel to customer locations is required
- The Estimator is required to enter the machine shop and assembly operations environment at times throughout the workday; this environment may include exposure to noise, dust, fumes, and vapor from coolant, etc.
- Possible skin and inhaled contact with various sealants, paints, adhesives, and other chemicals may occur
- Industry standard safety equipment is provided by the Company, and specific notice is posted in areas where safety equipment is required
- Safety training is required and provided by the Company in accordance with applicable law, industry standards, and Company policy.
Safety Responsibilities: Senior Operations and its affiliates are committed to Zero Injuries, work-related Illnesses, and Incidents. It is the responsibility of every employee to reduce the risk of workplace incidents and injuries, promote safe work practices and recognize the value of safety throughout the organization.
Benefits: We offer excellent wages (DOE), great co-workers, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, a full benefits package including 401(k), PTO, company paid life insurance and long/short-term disability, 10 paid Holidays, and opportunity for career growth.
Access to our facility (and, therefore, employment) is restricted under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or Export Administration Regulations (EAR) to U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents of the United States and properly licensed foreign persons. Within seven (7) days of receipt of this conditional offer of employment, you will be required to provide information to determine whether you are subject to current export compliance regulations and, if so, to assess your country of chargeability for export control purposes. Please be prepared to provide evidence of your current citizenship(s) to satisfy this requirement.
Senior PLC and its affiliates are Equal Employment Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.