Full Time, Non-Exempt
The Machinist 3 operates numerical control (NC) machines and machining centers to fabricate aerospace parts per engineering specifications without supervision. The Machinist 3 receives on-the-job training to set up jobs with supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Can demonstrate ability to set-up, run, and dimensionally maintain quality in a production environment
- Good Inspection Skills and Blueprint reading skills with ability to use all shop inspection tools
- Basic Troubleshooting skills and must be able to recognize production problems such as out-of-tolerance Machining, poor finishes, damaged or worn cutters, and tooling
- Ability to dial in a hole or Edge-Find and set Machine Offsets
- Basic understanding of G & M code
- Versatility across multiple machine centers is a plus
- Meets job standard times with minimal supervision
- Follows all safety guidelines established by the Company, including proper use of safety equipment and relevant safety procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
- Disciplined Work Habits and attention to detail
- Positive attitude and reliable
- Properly uses measuring tools and set up tools such as edge finder, indicator, micrometers, etc.
- Follows instructions and demonstrates strong attention to detail
- Communicates well verbally and in writing
- Mechanically inclined, with good manual dexterity
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Three years plus experience running a CNC mill or recent Machinist Tech Training Certificate
- Proven ability to consistently run good parts that meet production standards
- Strong skills and aptitude in math
- Ability to perform basic functions with MS Windows-based computer operating systems, such as opening and closing files
- Completion of Machine Proficiency test during interview process
Damar Leadership is committed to Zero Injuries, Illnesses, and Incidents and we are all responsible for doing our part to help keep our business operating safely. If you are in a leadership role, it is your responsibility to help provide a safe work environment for your employees. Besides the regular duties as described in your job description, in this position you will also be responsible for focusing on:
- Reducing the risk of workplace incidents and injuries
- Promoting safe practices and identifying unsafe conditions and acts
- Engaging your team and collaborating with others to make safety a shared responsibility
- Recognizing the value of Safety throughout the organization
- Implementing organization and structure to ensure the employees are able to achieve and maintain high standards of safety performance
- Being proactive, preventative and integrated into the safety culture of the entire organization
You will intervene when unsafe acts or situations are observed in any department at Damar and participate in coaching employees. You are also responsible for submitting documentation regarding near miss or accident reports to appropriate parties.
- Lifting up to 40 pounds
- Continuous standing and walking throughout the workday
- Use of computer keyboard and mouse
- The Machinist 3 works in the machine shop environment throughout the workday; this environment may include exposure to noise, dust, fumes, vapor from coolant, etc.
- Possible skin and inhaled contact with various sealants, paints, adhesives, and other chemicals may occur, as well as possible skin and inhaled contact with chemicals used to run CNC machines or clean manufactured parts, including solvents and acetone
- Industry standard safety equipment is provided by the Company, and specific notice is posted in areas where safety equipment is required
- Safety training is required and provided by the Company in accordance with applicable law, industry standards, and Company policy.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60–1.4(a), 60–300.5(a) and 60–741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.