Machine Maintenance Tech 3
Machine Maintenance Technician 3
Full time, Non- Exempt
Machine Maintenance Manager
Machine Maintenance Technician 3 performs a variety of skilled duties required to maintain vertical, horizontal and 5-axis CNC machines and other plant equipment to expected level of performance and production readiness.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform advanced preventive and predictive maintenance inspections and tasks
- Check and adjust flatness, level/alignment of machine beds, linear and rotary axis tool and pallet changers
- Perform advanced troubleshooting/diagnostics on equipment mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and CNC control systems
- Determine appropriate corrective action including needed repairs, overhaul, rebuild, including all parts and supplies required
- Perform & observe an operational check to ensure problem has been corrected.
- Demonstrate ability to plan and sequence work including ordering required parts and staging necessary tools and equipment
- Determine and/or develop maintenance procedures when documentation is not available and devise and make tools/equipment to facilitate work
- Maintain accurate and timely records of maintenance work performed
- Enforce equipment lockout procedures for all machines and equipment when repairs are being performed
- Work in a team environment which includes assisting others in completion of tasks, giving and receiving feedback
- Training machine maintenance technicians and operators in preventative maintenance
- Oversee work done by various outside contractors hired to do repairs on machines
Skills & Attributes:
- In depth understanding of CNC controls such as FANUC, Siemens, Acromatic, Mazatrol, etc., including ladder logic.
- Knowledge of automatic tool changers, pallet changers, ballscrew & axis support bearing replacement, machine alignment and spindle cartridge replacement.
- Advanced understanding of mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems.
- Able to read Blue-prints, electrical schematics and hydraulic diagrams, and understands the application of technical documents such as machine/equipment manuals and safety documentation
Skills & Attributes cont:
- Demonstrates a good attitude toward work and arrives on time for start of shift
- Follows instructions and demonstrates strong attention to detail
- Communicates well verbally and in writing
- Possess good interpersonal, listening, and participation skills including ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees
- Knowledge of appropriate safety practices and techniques
- Good manual dexterity and ability to use hand and power tools
- Strong skills and aptitude in math
- Ability to competently use and understand testing equipment such as multi-meter
- Operate forklift, scissor lift or other support equipment as needed
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years experience as a Machine Maintenance Technician or OEM Field Service Engineer (FSE)
- Experience with Makino, Starrag, Mazak, Handtmann, Chiron or Mori Seiki machines preferred
- Prefer two-year degree, diploma or certificate from an accredited vocational or technical institute, or technical military training. High school graduate or GED preferred
- Ability to perform basic functions with MS Windows-based computer operating systems, such as opening and closing files
Damar Leadership is committed to Zero Injuries, Illnesses, and Incidents and we are all responsible for doing our part to help keep our business operating safely. If you are in a leadership role at Damar, it is your responsibility to help provide a safe work environment for your employees. Besides the regular duties as described in your job description, in this position you will also be responsible for focusing on:
- Reducing the risk of workplace incidents and injuries
- Promoting safe practices and identifying unsafe conditions and acts
- Engaging your team and collaborating with others to make safety a shared responsibility
- Recognizing the value of Safety throughout the organization
- Implementing organization and structure to ensure the employees are able to achieve and maintain high standards of safety performance
- Being proactive, preventative and integrated into the safety culture of the entire organization
You will intervene when unsafe acts or situations are observed in any department and participate in coaching employees. You are also responsible for submitting documentation regarding near miss or accident reports to appropriate parties.
- Lifting up to 40 pounds
- Regularly standing and walking throughout the workday
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, crouch, kneel, crawl and lie down, lift; carry various weights, push/pull, reach, sit, walk, stand, balance, climb stairs, ladders and lifts and mobile equipment. Work above (4) feet when required. Operate foot controls
- Use of computer keyboard and mouse
- The Machine Maintenance Worker works in the machine shop environment throughout the workday; this environment may include exposure to noise, dust, fumes, vapor from coolant, etc.
- Possible skin and inhaled contact with various sealants, paints, adhesives, and other chemicals may occur, as well as possible skin and inhaled contact with chemicals used to run CNC machines or clean manufactured parts, including solvents and MEK
- Industry standard safety equipment is provided by the Company, and specific notice is posted in areas where safety equipment is required
- Safety training is required and provided by the Company in accordance with applicable law, industry standards, and Company policy