Full Time, Exempt
Supply Chain Manager
The Buyer 3 performs and/or supervises all purchases of Manufacturing Services in support of Production, on behalf of the Company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drives continuous improvement of safety, quality, schedule adherence, cost, inventory reduction, and environmental management.
- Establishes and maintains Purchase Orders with Supplier/Vendors.
- Send out supplier scorecards monthly. Ensure supplier’s performance meets Damar's expectations and drive continuous improvement in Quality, schedule and costs.
- Ensures the right buying parameters are set in the MRP. Work with Master Scheduling.
- Creates miscellaneous reports as requested Management.
- Track daily VMRA’s. Work with the buyers to ensure timely turn around based on the procedures.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Work with the buyers to drive costs down. Track projects and report out to Supply Chain Manager and Purchasing Supervisor.
- Follows all safety guidelines established by the Company, including proper use of safety equipment and relevant safety procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proven ability to direct and lead others within an environment of fast-paced periods of intense deadlines and fluctuating workload.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exhibits and demands high ethical standards in relations with personnel, suppliers and customers.
- Must have a positive attitude.
Education, Training and Experience:
- High school diploma.
- Five years’ experience as a Buyer 3 in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficient with use of MS office suite and ERP system functionality.
- Passing score on Damar Basic Math Test.
- APICS training/certification in Basics of Supply Chain Management.
Damar Leadership is committed to Zero Injuries, Illnesses, and Incidents and we are all responsible for doing our part to help keep our business operating safely. If you are in a leadership role at Damar, it is your responsibility to help provide a safe work environment for your employees. Besides the regular duties as described in your job description, in this position you will also be responsible for focusing on:
- Reducing the risk of workplace incidents and injuries
- Promoting safe practices and identifying unsafe conditions and acts
- Engaging your team and collaborating with others to make safety a shared responsibility
- Recognizing the value of Safety throughout the organization
- Implementing organization and structure to ensure the employees are able to achieve and maintain high standards of safety performance
- Being proactive, preventative and integrated into the safety culture of the entire organization
You will intervene when unsafe acts or situations are observed in any department at AMT and participate in coaching employees. You are also responsible for submitting documentation regarding near miss or accident reports to appropriate parties.
- Use of computer keyboard, mouse and multi-line phone throughout the work day.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time at a computer/desk.
- The Buyer 3 is required to enter the warehouse and/or machine shop environment at times throughout the work day; this environment may include exposure to noise, dust, fumes, vapor from coolant, etc.
- Primarily shared office environment.
- Industry standard safety equipment is provided by the Company, and specific notice is posted in areas where safety equipment is required.
- Safety training is required and provided by the Company in accordance with applicable law, industry standards, and Company policy.