CMM Inspector 1
Quality Assurance - CMM Inspector 1
Full Time, Non-Exempt
QA CMM Inspector Lead
The QA - CMM Inspector I inspect machined components, sheet metal components, purchased products and standards, raw materials, assembled products and outside processing for conformance to engineering drawings and specifications. These duties are performed under minimal supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine) to dimensionally inspect product with supervision.
- Reads and interprets aerospace manufacturing drawings, including tolerances, customer specifications and technical requirements.
- Accurately compares product to engineering drawings/specifications, purchase order, and manufacturing orders using common manual inspection equipment, (e.g., PCM’s, height gage, dial indicators, calipers, micrometers, protractors, profilometers, bore gauges etc) to accept or reject product to customer engineering requirements.
- Documents product acceptance/rejection on manufacturing order, processes any necessary rejection documentation, and performs various MRP system functions.
- Performs Rockwell and Eddy Current testing for product acceptance.
- Reviews outside processing certifications of nondestructive testing, chemical processing, and finish, and verifies physical appearance of final product for conformance to engineering specifications.
- Capable of performing and completing FAI’s in accordance with Damar and AS9102 requirements.
- Follows all safety guidelines established by the Company, including proper use of safety equipment and relevant safety procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Attention to detail: Recognizes and identifies deviations from requirements.
- Communication: Effectively communicates verbally and in writing; accurately records inspection results, including descriptions of rejected product.
- Customer focus: Anticipates internal and external customer needs, gives high priority to customer satisfaction and service. Provides information and results accurately, courteously, in a timely manner.
- Organization: Keeps working area neat and organized. Arrives on time to work and works to meet deadlines efficiently. Records time using a computerized data entry system; completes job assignments within allotted times.
- Teamwork: Collaborates and cooperates with Manufacturing, Engineering, and other inspectors to resolve issues. Knows when to ask for information and assistance, and assesses the long-term impact of decisions. Demonstrates a willing, positive, and proactive attitude. Follows verbal and written instructions; works independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Company policy awareness: Understands and complies with Damar company policies and guidelines as described in the Employee Handbook, the Employee Safety Manual and the Quality Management System. Complies with rules and procedures of a drug-free workplace.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Two years (recent) hands-on inspection experience in the aerospace industry.
- Previous (recent) CMM inspection experience.
- Basic knowledge of understanding Engineering Drawings.
- Basic knowledge of GD&T. (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance).
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Damar Leadership is committed to Zero Injuries, Illnesses, and Incidents and we are all responsible for doing our part to help keep our business operating safely. If you are in a leadership role at Damar, it is your responsibility to help provide a safe work environment for your employees. Besides the regular duties as described in your job description, in this position you will also be responsible for focusing on:
- Reducing the risk of workplace incidents and injuries
- Promoting safe practices and identifying unsafe conditions and acts
- Engaging your team and collaborating with others to make safety a shared responsibility
- Recognizing the value of Safety throughout the organization
- Implementing organization and structure to ensure the employees are able to achieve and maintain high standards of safety performance
- Being proactive, preventative and integrated into the safety culture of the entire organization
You will intervene when unsafe acts or situations are observed in any department at Damar and participate in coaching employees. You are also responsible for submitting documentation regarding near miss or accident reports to appropriate parties.
- Lifting up to 40 pounds.
- Standing, walking and sitting throughout the workday.
- Use of computer keyboard and mouse.
- Correctable vision to 20/25, or per customer requirements
- The Quality Assurance – CMM Inspector 1 is required to enter the machine shop environment at times throughout the workday; this environment may include exposure to noise, dust, fumes, vapor from coolant, etc.
- Possible skin and inhaled contact with various sealants, paints, adhesives, and other chemicals may occur during inspection and other quality process activities.
- Safety training is required and provided by the Company in accordance with applicable law, industry standards, and Company policy.
- The Company provides industry standard safety equipment, and specific notice is posted in areas where safety equipment is required.