Job Title: Machinist 3 – Weekend Shift
Job Summary: The Machinist 3 operates numerical control (NC) machines and machining centers to fabricate aerospace parts per engineering specifications without supervision. The Machinist 3 receives on-the-job training to set up jobs with supervision. This is a full-time, weekend shift, non-exempt position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set-up, run, and dimensionally maintain quality in a production environment
- Good inspection skills and blueprint reading skills with ability to use all shop inspection tools
- Basic troubleshooting skills and must be able to recognize production problems such as out-of-tolerance Machining, poor finishes, damaged or worn cutters, and tooling
- Ability to dial in a hole or Edge-Find and set Machine Offsets
- Basic understanding of G & M code
- Versatility across multiple machine centers is a plus
- Meets job standard times with minimal supervision
- Follows all safety guidelines established by the Company, including proper use of safety equipment and relevant safety procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings, follow routers, and properly use measuring/set up tools such as edge finder, indicator, micrometers, etc.
- Mechanically inclined, with good manual dexterity
- Basic math, trigonometry, algebra and geometry skills
- Disciplined work habits, follows instruction and strong attention to detail
- Communicates well verbally and in writing
- Requires fluency in English (speaking, reading and writing)
- Positive attitude and reliable
Required: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Preferred: 3+ years experience running a CNC mill or recent Machinist Tech Training Certificate, proven ability to consistently run good parts that meet production standards
Shift: Weekend Shift, 6:00am – 6:30pm Friday - Sunday
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
- Lifting up to 35 pounds
- Continuous standing and walking throughout the workday
- Use of computer keyboard and mouse
- The Machinist 3 works in the machine shop environment throughout the workday; this environment may include exposure to noise, dust, fumes, and vapor from coolant, etc.
- Possible skin and inhaled contact with various sealants, paints, adhesives, and other chemicals may occur, as well as possible skin and inhaled contact with chemicals used to run CNC machines or clean manufactured parts, including solvents and acetone
- Industry standard safety equipment is provided by the Company, and specific notice is posted in areas where safety equipment is required
- Safety training is required and provided by the Company in accordance with applicable law, industry standards, and Company policy
Safety Responsibilities: Senior Operations and its affiliates are committed to Zero Injuries, work-related Illnesses, and Incidents. It is the responsibility of every employee to reduce the risk of workplace incidents and injuries, promote safe work practices and recognize the value of safety throughout the organization.
Benefits: We offer excellent wages (DOE), great co-workers, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, a full benefits package including 401(k), PTO, company paid life insurance and long/short-term disability, 10 paid Holidays, and opportunity for career growth.
Access to our facility (and, therefore, employment) is restricted under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or Export Administration Regulations (EAR) to U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents of the United States and properly licensed foreign persons. Within seven (7) days of receipt of this conditional offer of employment, you will be required to provide information to determine whether you are subject to current export compliance regulations and, if so, to assess your country of chargeability for export control purposes. Please be prepared to provide evidence of your current citizenship(s) to satisfy this requirement.
Senior PLC and its affiliates are Equal Employment Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.