Tool Maker 3
Tool Maker 3
Full Time, Non-Exempt
Toolmaker 3 plans, lays-out and performs machining operations and bench work to construct, modify and repair fixtures, tools, dies, and gauges used in manufacturing so that the resulting product meets customer quality requirements within the established production deadlines. Other goals included.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes, milling machine and grinders. Has knowledge of CNC equipment to machine parts and fixturing.
- Suggest, develop and implement solutions so as to improve overall tooling performance.
- Manufacture tooling that meets engineering specifications.
- Reads, understands and interprets engineering drawings.
- Follows instructions and takes notes.
- Conceive, develop and build tools, jigs, molds and gauges in support of and at the direction of Engineering and Manufacturing requirements.
- Works with and instructs Toolmaker 1 & 2 if as required.
- Good working knowledge of the heat-treat process for tool steels.
- Work in a safe manner and perform housekeeping duties to maintain safety and assure proper maintenance of a safe and clean working area.
- Meets job standard times with minimal supervision.
- Follows all safety guidelines established by the Company, including proper use of safety equipment and relevant safety procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates a good attitude toward work and arrives on time for start of shift.
- indicator, micrometers, etc
- Follows instructions and demonstrates strong attention to detail.
- Communicates well verbally and in writing.
- Mechanically inclined, with good manual dexterity.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Possess attentiveness to detail, good hand eye coordination and mathematics skills.
- Properly uses measuring tools and set up tools such as edge finder, indicator, micrometers, etc
- Minimum 10 years experience working with manual machines.
- Knowledge of conversational programming.
- Able to handwrite CNC programs using G & M codes.
- Designs tooling using sample parts or prints.
- Good understanding of the manufacturing process.
Damar Leadership is committed to Zero Injuries, Illnesses, and Incidents and we are all responsible for doing our part to help keep our business operating safely. If you are in a leadership role at Damar, it is your responsibility to help provide a safe work environment for your employees. Besides the regular duties as described in your job description, in this position you will also be responsible for focusing on:
- Reducing the risk of workplace incidents and injuries
- Promoting safe practices and identifying unsafe conditions and acts
- Engaging your team and collaborating with others to make safety a shared responsibility
- Recognizing the value of Safety throughout the organization
- Implementing organization and structure to ensure the employees are able to achieve and maintain high standards of safety performance
- Being proactive, preventative and integrated into the safety culture of the entire organization
You will intervene when unsafe acts or situations are observed in any department at Damar and participate in coaching employees. You are also responsible for submitting documentation regarding near miss or accident reports to appropriate parties.
- Lifting up to 40 lbs and up to 30 pounds repetitively.
- Overhead lifting and or working with hands above shoulders.
- Continuous standing and walking throughout the workday.
- Use of computer keyboard and mouse.