The Estimator previews all incoming bid opportunities to determine scope, fitness to Company capabilities and assesses the likelihood of providing a successful bid, given customer requirements. The Estimator applies estimated labor time to details, sub-assemblies and assemblies while working with qualified personnel, vendors, machine tool manufacturers and management. The Estimator works with the Estimating Coordinator to assure timeliness, accuracy and completeness of bid prior to submittal.
The Manufacturing Planner creates and documents procedures used to manufacture assemble process and test customer product per customer requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Investigates and resolve technical problems relating to assembly operations
- Generate work instructions from engineering drawings and specifications
- Participates in the implementation of Lean principles and technologies
- Implement process improvements opportunities.
- Creating quotes and manufacturing plans as needed for proposals.
- Reviews and assesses quote package for terms, special requirements, due date, etc.
- Communicates the scope of the project, special considerations or needs for equipment or personnel
- Works with Estimating Coordinator to communicate all requests of the customer (i.e. drawings, specs, breakdowns, etc.)
- Works with Purchasing to coordinate any items to be bid by outside vendors, suppliers or tooling in support of bid
- Estimate needs for machine set-up and run times, tooling, programs and outside processes
- Attends Management Review meetings to communicate significant estimating projects for strategy, commitment and Make-Buy decisions prior to accepting bid and in reviews prior to submittal to customer
- Assures timeliness, accuracy, and completeness of bid, prior to submittal.
- Follows all safety guidelines established by the Company, including proper use of safety equipment and relevant safety procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigneCreating quotes and manufacturing plans as needed for proposals.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings, specifications, procedures, drawings, standards, etc.
- Able to multi-task and work well without supervision
- Understanding of aerospace tooling methods a plus
- Be proficient in the use of personal computers and Microsoft Office applications
- Experienced with processes such as machining and assembly
- Strong mechanical aptitude and problem solving skills
- Be detail-oriented and have excellent follow-through skills
- Possess a positive attitude and be a motivated self-starter
- Use good judgment and common sense to make numerous daily decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Coordinates and collaborates with all other departments of the Company
- Must be self-motivated and possess strong organizational skills
- Anticipates internal and external customer needs, gives high priority to customer satisfaction and service
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Bachelors of Science, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering
- Strong background in MS Access, CAD software (CATIA, Unigraphics).Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook,
- Strong background in machining techniques, manufacturing processes and aerospace assembly
- Strong background in MS Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook, CAD software (CATIA, Unigraphics)
- Experience reading blueprints and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) data
- Knowledge of materials, processing, cutting tools, assembly specifications and hardware installation
- Strong background in machining techniques
- Experience reading blueprints and geometric dimensioning and tolerance (GD&T) data
- Preferred experience in Syteline or equivalent ERP system
- Working knowledge of Lean principles such as single piece flow, kanban systems, and 5S