Lean Coordinator implements Lean methodology as an organizational standard for problem solving and optimizing efficiency. Develops, coordinates, promotes and teaches Lean classes for staff members and others as needed. Will advise staff regarding Lean projects. Value map streaming will be conducted as a visualization tool to better understand process flows and target improvements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- May uphold a 12 month assignment to learn and Implement Lean improvements to the Machine Shop
- Facilitate AIW / LEAN events (structured team problem solving activities)
- Activities include assisting and or designing “Right Sized Equipment”
- Coach machine shop Set-Up-Reduction, flow improvements, inventory reduction, Visual control systems and Total Productive maintenance workshops.
- Partake in 5S floor evaluations / ratings quarterly
- Assist in the improvement of Work center metrics to monitor results
- Hands on fabrication of required materials from workshops held
- Maintains and enforces the adherence to all company certifications.
- Follows all safety guidelines established by the Company, including proper use of safety equipment and relevant safety procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must be well organized with the understanding of Machining processes
- Passionate about implementing changes to improve Senior Aerospace
- Hands-on skills to fabricate, modify work centers and Transport Carts
- Good coaching skills to motivate a team & achieve results
- Solid understanding of 5-S and Lean Mfg principals.
- Be a catalyst with Management in closing gaps in strategy and performance goals
- Ability to Facilitate AIW / LEAN events
- Use process mapping and value flow analysis.
- Deliver stable/steady improvement with standard work through 5S workplace organization, and simple/visual controls
- Promote the CI/LEAN success stories and learning across the company
Education, Skills and Experience:
- 2 Years Minimum Machining Experience
- AMT will invest training that will be valuable to developing you r career in this position.
- Computer skills- MS Office applications PowerPoint, Excel required
- Visio and digital imaging experience preferred
Ability to do bending, walking and sitting for an 8 hour period, and lift up to 40 lbs occasionally, and 20 lbs repetitively.
- Required to enter the machine shop environment throughout the work day; this environment may include exposure to noise, dust, fumes, vapor from coolant, etc.
- The Company provides industry standard safety equipment, and specific notice is posted in areas where safety equipment is required.
Safety training is required and provided by the Company in accordance with applicable law, industry standards, and Company policy.