Job Title: NC Programmer
Job Summary: Develop NC Programs and Models using CAD/CAM software, (Siemens NX or InventorHSM), from customer-defined drawing and models, for multi-axis machining centers. Define and design the manufacturing process for complex aerospace designs, including machined hog-outs, extrusion and sheet metal parts. Define all material requirements for job specific parts, tooling, and expendable tools. This is a Full time, day shift, non-exempt position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define NC manufacturing processes conducive to lean manufacturing principles
- Define, design and request tooling for manufacturing sequences of machined parts
- Determine optimal material size for the tooling and the manufacturing process of detail parts
- Determine necessary cutting tools to be used for manufacturing processes
- Using CAD/CAM software, (NX or InventorHSM), create programs and set up information for three, four, and five axis NC mills and/or waterjet machining center.
- Validate estimator’s expectation of operational process and scope of job
- Track parts through operations to validate process and ensure quality/cycle time standards
- Work with inspection to verify integrity of parts/NC programs
- Superior CAD/CAM skills
- Adept problem solving skills
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be mechanically inclined, with knowledge of Aerospace work
- Must be highly detail oriented
- Must be able to work effectively with little or no supervision
- Must have the ability to read blueprints
- Knowledge of safety measures pertinent to each job assignment (Training provided)
- Must be capable of working in a fast paced environment and meet customer deadlines
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years CAD/CAM experience
- 5 years experience in general NC Programming practices, machining and tool building (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Experience with 5 axis programming a plus
- Experience with Catia a plus
- Experience with Waterjet and OMAX software a plus
Shift: Day Shift, Monday - Friday
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
- Use of computer keyboard and mouse throughout the work day
- Primarily shared office environment
- The CNC Programmer is required to enter the warehouse and/or machine shop environment at times throughout the work day; this environment may include exposure to noise, dust, fumes, and vapor from coolant, etc.
- Industry standard safety equipment is provided by the Company, and specific notice is posted in areas where safety equipment is required
- Safety training is required and provided by the Company in accordance with applicable law, industry standards, and Company policy
Benefits: We offer excellent wages (DOE), great co-workers, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, a full benefits package including 401(k), PTO, company paid life insurance and long/short-term disability, 10 paid Holidays, and opportunity for career growth.
Access to our facility (and, therefore, employment) is restricted under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or Export Administration Regulations (EAR) to U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents of the United States and properly licensed foreign persons. Within seven (7) days of receipt of this conditional offer of employment, you will be required to provide information to determine whether you are subject to current export compliance regulations and, if so, to assess your country of chargeability for export control purposes. Please be prepared to provide evidence of your current citizenship(s) to satisfy this requirement.
Senior PLC and its affiliates are Equal Employment Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.