Tool Crib Attendant
Job Title: Tool Crib Attendant
Job Summary: The tool crib attendant is responsible for building, tearing down and maintaining CNC tooling/ fixtures, as well as preparing/distributing tools for jobs, and ensuring that tools are returned. This is a full time, day shift, non-exempt position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate tool pre-setter, balancer, heat-shrink holder equipment
- Assembles kits of tools for specific jobs according to instructions
- Maintains records of tools/equipment issued and returned
- Prepares periodic inventory or maintains perpetual inventory of tools and equipment
- Receives, unpacks, and stores incoming tools and equipment, and requisitions stock to replenish inventory
- Delivers tools or equipment to workers
- Marks and identifies tools and equipment
- Maintains order and cleanliness of tool crib
- Follows all safety guidelines established by the Company, including proper use of safety equipment and relevant safety procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong mechanical ability
- Able to multi-task and follow shifting priorities under deadlines and time-sensitive conditions
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently
- Must have working command of the English language, both written and verbal
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings, follow routers, use simple math to perform basic calculations, and use basic hand held measuring tools
Required: High school diploma/GED, graduation from certified technical school, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience
Preferred: 3-5 years of related experience desired. 1 year or more experience operating CNC equipment, mills and/or lathe. Ability to operate CNC machines in production as a backup operator is a plus.
Shift: Day Shift, M-F
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
- Lifting up to 35 pounds
- Continuous standing and walking throughout the workday
- Use of computer keyboard and mouse
- The shop floor environment may include exposure to noise, dust, fumes, and vapor from coolant, etc.
- Possible skin and inhaled contact with various sealants, paints, adhesives, and other chemicals may occur, as well as possible skin and inhaled contact with chemicals used to run machines or clean manufactured parts, including solvents and acetone
- Industry standard safety equipment is provided by the company, and specific notices are posted in areas where safety equipment is required.
- Safety training is required and provided by the Company in accordance with applicable law, industry standards, and Company policy
Safety Responsibilities: Senior Operations and its affiliates are committed to Zero Injuries, work-related Illnesses, and Incidents. It is the responsibility of every employee to reduce the risk of workplace incidents and injuries, promote safe work practices and recognize the value of safety throughout the organization.
Benefits: We offer excellent wages (DOE), great co-workers, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, a full benefits package including 401(k), PTO, company paid life insurance and long/short-term disability, 10 paid Holidays, and opportunity for career growth.
Access to our facility (and, therefore, employment) is restricted under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or Export Administration Regulations (EAR) to U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents of the United States and properly licensed foreign persons. Within seven (7) days of receipt of this conditional offer of employment, you will be required to provide information to determine whether you are subject to current export compliance regulations and, if so, to assess your country of chargeability for export control purposes. Please be prepared to provide evidence of your current citizenship(s) to satisfy this requirement.
Senior PLC and its affiliates are Equal Employment Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.