Full Time, Non-Exempt
The Assembly 1 assembles aerospace structural sections from parts, subassemblies and components.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install units, parts, equipment, and components in structural assembly, according to blueprints and specifications, using hand tools and power tools
- Bolts, screws, or rivets accessories to fasten, support, or hang components and subassemblies
- Drills holes in structure and subassemblies, and attaches brackets, hinges, or clips to secure installation or to fasten subassemblies
- Locates and marks reference points and holes for installation of parts and components, using jigs, templates, and measuring instruments
- Inspects and tests installed units, parts, and equipment for fit, performance, and compliance with standards, using measuring instruments and test equipment
- Positions and aligns subassemblies in jigs or fixtures, using measuring instruments, following blueprint lines and index points
- Cuts, trims, and files parts, and verifies fitting tolerances to prepare for installation
- Installs bushings using liquid nitrogen or presses as required
- Applies sealants or paint per customer specifications using proper safety devices
- Uses shop equipment needed to complete operations, such as C-squeeze, arbor presses, ground stud puller, cherry pullers, and shop hand tools
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications using standard measuring tools as required
- Reads and interprets manufacturing drawings at basic level.
- Recognizes production problems
- Performs miscellaneous duties in the Assembly area as directed when supervisor is unavailable for training
- Follows all safety guidelines established by the Company, including proper use of safety equipment and relevant safety procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Follows 5-S procedures & works in organized manner
- Meets job Time Standards with minimal supervision
- Produces parts with high quality, minimal non-conformances
- Demonstrates a good attitude toward work
- Reliable - arrives on time to work with good attendance
- Follows instructions and demonstrates strong attention to detail
- Communicates well verbally and in writing
- Mechanically inclined, with good manual dexterity
Education, Skills and Experience:
- 6 months previous assembly experience in the aerospace industry.
- Basic shop math skills
- Ability to read and follow work instructions
- G.E.D. or Higher
- Completion of AMT aptitude test during interview process
Damar Leadership is committed to Zero Injuries, Illnesses, and Incidents and we are all responsible for doing our part to help keep our business operating safely. If you are in a leadership role at Damar, it is your responsibility to help provide a safe work environment for your employees. Besides the regular duties as described in your job description, in this position you will also be responsible for focusing on:
- Reducing the risk of workplace incidents and injuries
- Promoting safe practices and identifying unsafe conditions and acts
- Engaging your team and collaborating with others to make safety a shared responsibility
- Recognizing the value of Safety throughout the organization
- Implementing organization and structure to ensure the employees are able to achieve and maintain high standards of safety performance
- Being proactive, preventative and integrated into the safety culture of the entire organization
You will intervene when unsafe acts or situations are observed in any department at Damar and participate in coaching employees. You are also responsible for submitting documentation regarding near miss or accident reports to appropriate parties.
- Lifting up to 40 pounds
- Standing, sitting and walking throughout the workday.
- Correctable vision that allows employee to perform accurate assembly work
- The Assembly 1 works in the Assembly environment throughout the workday; this environment may include exposure to noise, dust, fumes, etc.
- Possible skin and inhaled contact may occur with various sealants, paints, adhesives, liquid nitrogen, MEK, and chemicals used during assembly or cleaning of parts
- Industry standard safety equipment is provided by the Company, and specific notice is posted in areas where safety equipment is required
- Safety training is required and provided by the Company in accordance with applicable law, industry standards, and Company policy
To apply please email email@example.com