Quality Engineer II
This position is responsible for reviewing customer and product quality requirements, for developing appropriate process controls, for dispositioning and tracking non-conforming material and for facilitating necessary corrective and preventive actions. This position also supports implementation and maintenance of Damar’s quality system by providing training in advanced quality processes (such as SPC) by maintaining the tooling/calibration system and by participating in and managing internal audits.
- Prepares First Article Inspection Reports in accordance with AS 9102 standards.
- Reads and interprets engineering drawings, lists and data.
- Accurately transfers GD&T (geometric dimensioning and tolerancing) symbols to First Article Inspection Report.
- Reviews drawings and planning for new jobs and develops appropriate process controls. Participates in review and development of key characteristics. Develops process control plans.
- Working with planning and production personnel to implement appropriate process control measures.
- Tracks and reports product nonconformances (internal and external.) Maintains product inspection logs.
- Manages corrective action process. Maintains corrective action log/database. Facilitates necessary corrective and preventive actions.
- Communicates with customers, suppliers and regulatory agencies regarding product quality issues.
- Submits supplier nonconformance notifications as required.
- Works as a liaison with customer engineering and quality departments.
- Works as a liaison with supplier engineering and quality departments.
Quality System Support:
- Maintains a working knowledge of customer and industry quality standards (AS9100.)
- Enters and tracks internal Corrective Action requests.
- Assigns, approves, and manages Supplier Corrective Acton Requests.
- Manages internal audit process.
- Maintains tooling/calibration system. Develops appropriate processes and tools for performing this function.
- Maintains and administers the internal auditing system for AS9100 certification.
- Provides training on quality system processes such as SPC, discrepant material processing, quality standard requirements and quality audits.
- Knowledge of SPC and other process control tools.
- Understanding of product and process technical requirements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software suite.
- Database and project management experience preferred.
- CATIA user preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree and/or four years of relevant experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Aerospace manufacturing and/or machine shop experience preferred
Training Requirements: CATIA Preferred, Net-Inspect Preferred
**Access to our facility (and, therefore, employment) is restricted under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or Export Administration Regulations (EAR) to U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents of the United States and properly licensed foreign persons. Applicants receiving a conditional offer of employment will be required to provide information to determine whether they are subject to these regulations and, if so, to assess their country of chargeability for export control purposes.**