Lead Software Engineer - Learning Games
Do you want to use your game development skills to help children learn? Our learning games team (www.motionmathgames.com) creates delightful, award-winning games that help students master math and develop a positive relationship with intellectual challenge. We’re a tight-knit, passionate team often greeted by cheers and applause when we walk into classrooms – we’ve even signed autographs for our kid fans. Our engineering team is looking to hire a Lead Software Engineer to head up cross-platform development of new games and expansion of existing titles.
The impact you’ll have:
- Lead architect of our Unity codebase. You’ll evolve and expand our library of education and game components that underlie our suite of mobile and web games in multiple genres.
- Lead Unity developer. We’re a small team, so your focus is implementation: adding new features and game mechanics to existing titles, bringing new game concepts from prototype to polished final product, iteratively refining student interactions to maximize learning and fun – and fixing bugs, of course!
- Mentor game engineers on a growing team. If you prefer not to be a manager, that’s fine, but we expect you to help others and set a great example for the entire team.
What we’re looking for:
- Passion for helping children learn.
- Ability to work from our San Francisco office, located next to Montgomery BART.
- 10+ years working in the game industry, 3+ years working on the Unity platform. (Note: we may also be building games in HTML or other platforms, but the majority will be in Unity.)
- A portfolio of diverse, high-quality, cross-platform games.
- Ability to discuss the merits of common game patterns and reusable architecture.
- Experience creating modular classes and services for reuse across diverse titles.
- Comfort taking ownership of myriad responsibilities on a small, entrepreneurial, collaborative, Agile team.
- Interest in joining a team that is close knit, collaborative and fast. In the past, we’ve added new modes to existing games and scouted new games in 2 weeks, ported full games in 4-6 weeks, and made entirely new games in 3-6 months.
We’d also love to see:
- Scrummaster experience.
- Mobile experience.
- Passion for improving the production pipeline.
- Experience optimizing for performance and memory footprint.
Want to explore more? Check us out on social media:www.facebook.com/CurriculumAssociates
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual preference, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual preference, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.