Accounts Receivable Specialist
The Accounts Receivable Specialist role requires strong attention to detail and the ability to resolve accounts receivable issues in a fast-paced environment. This position will be responsible for the timely collection of outstanding invoices and working closely with our Billing and Customer Service teams. This position may also be assigned special projects.
The impact you’ll have:
- Generate the accounts receivable aging in Great Plains accounting system to establish weekly priorities of collection calls and customer balance research.
- Communicate directly with customers via phone, email, and letters regarding past due invoices.
- Document results of communication with customers in the collection system.
- Research outstanding balances on customer accounts. This includes, but is not limited to, researching customer payments, writing off uncollectible balances, and preparing customer refunds to clean up customer accounts.
- Research unapplied credit balances on customer accounts and apply to proper invoices.
- Generate and mail reminder letters to customers with outstanding balances that are more than 30 days overdue.
- Conduct weekly accounts receivable maintenance and reporting.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years’ experience in accounts receivable, collections, or customer service.
- Strong verbal, writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word.
- Previous experience with accounts receivable/collection ERP systems.
- Experience with Great Plains is a plus.
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K, and onsite fitness center and café.
Want to explore more? Check us out on social media:
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.