Senior UX Designer
Senior UX Designer
This role is based in our headquarters in North Billerica, MA or in our Brooklyn, NY office. Need a ride to our North Billerica office? Our free shuttle picks up from a number of Boston area "T" stops.
As a key member of the Product team, the Senior User Experience Designer is responsible for designing student, teacher, and administrator-facing experiences that are efficient, intuitive, and compelling. These experiences will be part of our blended learning solution that provides assessment and instruction across digital, print, and tablet product offerings.
The successful candidate will collaborate closely with the i-Ready and Ready product management teams to translate complex customer interactions, user requirements, and student/teacher texts into simple, engaging, user-centered solutions. The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication in a fast-paced environment. This individual excels at providing both highly analytical as well as highly creative ideas to a design engagement, with the ability to shift between the strategic big picture and the granular details of a particular interaction.
The impact you’ll have
- Collaborate closely with all teams to design the user experience for online and mobile product offerings and features.
- Participate in each step of the design process, including project planning, discovery, user research and analysis, usability testing, requirements definition, conceptual design, content planning, prototyping, interaction design, and interaction specification.
- Translate user needs into recommended design solutions.
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, and detailed design rationale both verbally and visually. Present concepts and ideas to stakeholders and team using effective storytelling techniques.
- Set up and conduct basic quantitative and qualitative research and analysis (e.g., surveys, screeners, discussion guides, user interviews/focus groups, findings reports).
- Deliver user stories, concept sketches, and experience storyboards.
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes product managers, project managers, curriculum and subject matter experts, product strategists, visual designers, and developers.
- Lead or assist in brainstorming sessions or design workshops.
- Mentor junior team members as appropriate.
What we’re looking for
- Relentless curiosity and a desire to always leave things better than you find them
- Expert knowledge of mobile and web interaction patterns and the experience to know when to enforce them and when it’s ok to break them
- Undergraduate degree in visual design, HCI, information architecture, communication design or related fields
- 4-6 years of experience with developing interactive products; education sector experience a plus
- Mastery and proven knowledge of producing clean, attractive wireframes, user and process flows, and protoypes using industry tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Omnigraffle, Axure, or Balsamiq
- Proven ability to work as part of a production team in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Grounded in the user-centered design process from research to iteration to detail design
- Strong graphic design and UI sensibility
- Conceptual and strategic thinking skills, outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to capture and document stakeholder and project requirements
- Ability to effectively lead team meetings and demonstrated presentation skills to deliver UX recommendations to clients and project teams
Commensurate with experience; excellent benefits
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.