Mathematics Content Specialist
Mathematics Content Specialist
The Mathematics Content Specialist will collaborate with cross-functional teams and math content experts to inform the development of new mathematics programs. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of Common Core State Standards for Mathematics, experience reviewing standards alignments, previous experience with professional development and/or program adoptions, and a working knowledge of how to develop and deliver content for print and digital products.
Impact you'll have:
• Participate in the print and digital publishing process from prototype to final product
• Partner with editorial team members to establish high standards for editorial content and pedagogical approach, and ensuring the final product reflects these high standards
• Review and critique standards alignments; develop new scope and sequences
• Write or revise portions of manuscript according to guidelines and best practices
• Review competitor’s product lines and develop staff awareness of their strengths and weaknesses to identify product opportunities
• Collaborate with professional development teams to develop supporting materials for program implementation
• Review and discuss reports from the implementation team on issues involving program implementation
• Support marketing staff to generate key messages used in development of sales collateral
• Research and provide input on possible solutions to issues
• Keep abreast of educational trends, by attending workshops and conferences, and networking with educators and sales reps
What we’re looking for:
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and a demonstrated record of previous achievement
• 3+ years experience teaching math, including experience with professional development of teachers
• Mathematics teaching experience at any level, but must have comfort with and demonstrated ability to work with content across the K-8 spectrum.
• Extensive knowledge of current national mathematics content standards and standards for mathematical practices, as well as widely accepted current best practices such as those outlined in NCTM’s Principles to Actions.
• Involvement with leading organizations in K-8 mathematics education (e.g., NCTM, Student Achievement Partners/Achieve the Core, Teachers Development Group) through participation in events and/or contributions to initiatives in support of the standards.
• Proven writing and editing skills
• Extraordinary organizational, verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Proven ability to maintain accuracy and attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
• A team player who works productively and cooperatively with a wide range of people
• Proven experience with presentation and workflow software (webinars, PowerPoint, MS Project) and knowledge of presentation and instructional design tools like Camtasia, Snagit, and Adobe Acrobat.
• Minimum of a BS/BA degree; MS/MA in Education or Mathematics preferred.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual preference, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual preference, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.