Software Engineer - Learning Games
Do you want to use your game development skills to help children learn? Our learning games team (www.motionmathgames.com) creates award-winning games that help students master math and delight in intellectual challenge. We’re a tight-knit, passionate team often greeted by cheers and applause when we walk into classrooms – we’ve even signed autographs for our kid fans. We’re looking to hire a Software Engineer to create new learning games, expand existing titles, and help build a world-class library of Unity components specifically designed for learning games.
The impact you’ll have:
· Collaborate with the team to add new features and game mechanics to our suite of award-winning learning games for elementary math.
· Bring new game concepts from prototype to polished final product.
· Iteratively refine student interactions to maximize learning and fun.
· Relentlessly fix bugs.
· Expand and refine our library of reusable Unity components that underlie our suite of mobile and web games in multiple genres.
What we’re looking for:
· Passion for helping children learn.
· Ability to work from our San Francisco office, located next to Montgomery BART.
· 2+ years working in the game industry, 2+ years working on the Unity platform. (Note: we may also be building games in HTML, but the majority will be in Unity.)
· Ability to discuss the merits of common game patterns and reusable architecture.
· Experience creating modular classes and services for reuse across diverse titles.
· Desire to learn from more senior engineers.
· Comfort taking ownership of myriad responsibilities on a entrepreneurial, collaborative, agile, 8-person team, that prides itself on speed. In the past, we’ve added new modes to existing games, scouted new games in 2 weeks, ported full games in 4-6 weeks, and made entirely new games in 3-6 months.
· Mobile experience.
· Source control and release pipeline experience.
· Experience working on a game with a backend.
· QA experience.
· Experience optimizing for performance and memory footprint.
Want to explore more? Check us out on social media:www.facebook.com/CurriculumAssociates
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual preference, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual preference, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.